PDA

View Full Version : childrens fun

solastar
12-Sep-07, 15:56
Having no kids of our own i never realised how bad the thurso boating pond area was until we had my little nephew to stay a few days. we thought we would keep him entertained some of the time by taking him to the crazy golf!! bad idea.....
We went on the Monday and to all our dissapointment it was all locked up..
i looked at the state of the crazy golf and i was shocked to see a tired very worn out and neglacted course.
Why dont we get the neds who cause damage and vandalism to peoples stuff out painting it up and making it better for local kids?
we should never run out of community service workers putting the life back in to parts of worn out Thurso.

Oh by the way what has happened to thurso putting green? i feel sorry for the kids in our county!

solastar

Bobinovich
12-Sep-07, 16:11
I was told that, mostly due to the lack of decent weather this summer, these facilities were only open for about 4 weeks, also that the tennis court & putting green were so little used that the wage of the person hired to keep them open far outweighed the money taken in! This community space could be far better used IMO.

ABC
12-Sep-07, 21:27
It is in the pipeline for both of these places to be done up, and I am sure they would be glad of a bit of help from anybody with valid interest.