1/2 an onion
2 carrots
celery
vegetable stock cubes
1 drop of tabasco
1 drop vinegar
1 pinch sugar

Method
1) roast pappers and whole tomatoes with somwe salt,pepper & olive oil until skins are "charred"
2)chop veg & then fry with small amout olive oil.Add a tablespoon of plain flour when veg is soft
3)Add everything together in a pan add pint of water and simmer for 1/2 hour
4) liquidise and serve

PS you can add italian mixed herbs if so desired but tastes fab without x

Mister Squiggle
25-Sep-07, 08:29
I generally "wing it" with this soup, so it gets modified depending on what's in the pantry, but here goes ...

2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cloves of garlic (skins on)

Put the potatoes in a pan to roast with the whole garlic cloves and a drizzle of olive oil.

Once they are nice and brown, pop them in a soup pot, and squeeze the cooked cloves out of their skins and put the nice fleshy part of the garlic cloves into the pot too.

Grill a red pepper until the skins are blackened - wrap it in plastic wrap until cool then peel off the skins. Again, put the cooked flesh into the pot with the sweet potato and garlic.

Add 2 pints of good chicken stock (I like the liquid stuff rather than the cubes) and simmer for about 30 minutes.

Let the soup cool, then blend it using a hand blender so that all the potato, pepper and garlic is smoothed into a puree. You can add more stock, or less, depending on the consistency you want.

I serve it with a swirl of sour cream - for a more low fat version you could use light natural yoghurt, but what the heck, go for the cream!