PDA

View Full Version : is this cat lost/stray/or a wanderer

lynne duncan
11-Sep-07, 16:30
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/wickscorrie/cat002.jpg
this looks to be a 2 year old very friendly ginger stripy male(i think) he has been appearing at our house for the last 2 weeks, have been feeding him so have 2 other neighbours i have been speaking to today, does he belong to anyone? we stay in broadhaven wick, would lov to know who owns him

Liz
11-Sep-07, 18:01
I have been told about this cat Lynne and,sadly, he does not have an owner.:(

We (Cats Protection) were asked to take him into foster care but we are choc a bloc just now and cannot take him.

So, if anyone can offer him a home that would be great.

Many thanks to you, and your neighbours, for caring for him. It is a good job there are people like you as there are so many strays just now which is awful!

We are having a really bad time as we have so many cats in our care and are not getting homes for them.

lynne duncan
11-Sep-07, 21:52
thanks for replying Liz, "ginger" is gorgeous he is very friendly, but our cat and dog aren't so, if we could persuade them to get over this then we would have no problem taking this beautiful puss in.
if you get a space in your cats protection places please take this puss, or let us keep feeding him and maybe we could advertise him on your website.
email us if this could be done.
I would hate for him to be outside with winter coming.

Liz
11-Sep-07, 22:15
Hi Lynne

I will get our Webmaster (Luskentyre) to put Ginger's photo on our website.

If we could get some cats homed I would certainly arrange for Ginger to come into foster care but, unfortunately, there are other cats on the 'waiting list' before him.

This has been an horrendous year for strays who have obviously been someone's pet at some time but, very sadly, they are never 'claimed':(

Thanks again for looking after Ginger. He is lovely!!!!

By the way,if you did want to see whether your pets would accept Ginger there is a really good product called Feliway which you plug in to an electric socket and this releases pheromones which can really help when introducing a new pet.

Liz
11-Sep-07, 22:31
Lynne I forgot to ask whether you know if Ginger has been neutered?

If he hasn't CP would pay for this and it might be worth doing this as your pets may accept him better.
He looks quite thin so may need to be wormed? I could arrange for you to get worming tablets if you like?

Thanks!

binbob
11-Sep-07, 22:46
Lynne I forgot to ask whether you know if Ginger has been neutered?

If he hasn't CP would pay for this and it might be worth doing this as your pets may accept him better.
He looks quite thin so may need to be wormed? I could arrange for you to get worming tablets if you like?

Thanks!
at last a good cause..i just want to say well done to u all for doing ur very best for this cat.it really warms my heart to read this post.
i hope something works out for him.good luck ginger and well done u cat lovers.

luskentyre
11-Sep-07, 23:35
That's Ginger on the website now. Thanks Lynne (and neighbours) for looking after him.

He (and many others unfortunately) can be found on our website below:

http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk/index.htm

Bradcon
12-Sep-07, 08:35
Hi All

This cat looks like one that wanders from the hillhead area of Wick. He has disappeared on several occassions, usually being found in the new bungalows area of Wick. I will get his owner to have a look at the pic on the website, and be back in touch a.s.a.p.

Liz
12-Sep-07, 13:20
Hi All

This cat looks like one that wanders from the hillhead area of Wick. He has disappeared on several occassions, usually being found in the new bungalows area of Wick. I will get his owner to have a look at the pic on the website, and be back in touch a.s.a.p.

That will be great thanks!

We had been told he didn't have an owner as someone had asked around the area.

lynne duncan
12-Sep-07, 13:58
Liz I got a phone call at 8 this morning, this cat is called simba and he does stay in hillhead but is a wanderer, he is now back home.
so thank you for your time and please remove from the cats league site ta!

Liz
12-Sep-07, 14:03
That's great news Lynne!:D

You were obviously looking after him too well!!!

If you do want a cat or kitten you know where to come!:lol: