PDA

View Full Version : Attack in Argyle Square

Julia
11-Sep-07, 12:25
My baby's dad was attacked in Argyle Sq last night at about 9.45pm, three young men left the Blackstairs pub and shouted abuse at him, he defended himself only to be punched in the face and then the three of them layed into him, luckily he managed to fight them off but today he has a few cuts and bruises including a black eye, it could have been a lot worse.

Ash
11-Sep-07, 12:27
My baby's dad was attacked in Argyle Sq last night at about 9.45pm, three young men left the Blackstairs pub and shouted abuse at him, he defended himself only to be punched in the face and then the three of them layed into him, luckily he managed to fight them off but today he has a few cuts and bruises including a black eye, it could of been a lot worse.

oh julia that is just awful!

i hope he is ok, and i hope you contacted the police

keep us updated xxx

nanoo
11-Sep-07, 12:41
julia, i think that is dreadful. I also hope you got the police jnvolved as well as ash does. What is the town coming to when someone on their own gets attacked. Perhaps peeps in the square itself saw or heard something. I certainly hope they catch the yobs.:~(

telfordstar
11-Sep-07, 12:42
so sorry to hear about this julia i hope that he is ok. is th cctv working in the argyle sq yet noticed it was set up now but if its working is a different matter. what a shocking thing to happen

catnip
11-Sep-07, 12:58
That was awful, so sorry to hear about that ! Where are the police? I hope the CCTV is working so they can catch them.

johno
11-Sep-07, 13:02
If these three guys left the Blackstairs and you know the time, then i dont think it, ll take to much for the police to figure out who they are.
Hope your bloke is ok.

Julia
11-Sep-07, 13:33
He won't go to the police, I've tried to convince him since last night as the next person they go for might not be as lucky. I too think it would be quite easy for the police to figure out who they were as that pub would of been quite quiet on a Monday night.

ashaw1
11-Sep-07, 16:17
There is a cctv camera outside the door of the Blackstairs. If you could tell them the time they left they would have no problem identifying them. I can understand why he might not want to report them to the police but if these guys do it to someone else they might not be able to report them. He got off lightly, the next person might not be so lucky! Unfortunately there have been a few incidents in the area of Argyle Square lately.

telfordstar
11-Sep-07, 16:23
i would definatly try and get him to go to the police if not the total yobs that carried out the attack will probably do it again and maybe the next person will not be as fortunate as your partner was

floyed
11-Sep-07, 16:27
I think he should go to the police, if they get away with doing it to him they will get away with doing it to someone else. I hope he is better soon:D

Camel Spider
11-Sep-07, 21:15
The problem with reporting it to the Police is that the lad was on his own and the three lads will most probably back each other up. I had an incident in Wick where I was attacked by a couple of lads, I reported it to the Police and I ended up charged as they both said I attacked them !!

Good effort to fight off three guys on his own though.

bluelady
11-Sep-07, 21:24
I agree with the others, it does need to be reported, I hope he is ok, they are just cowards 3 onto 1 :mad: lets hope they get what they deserve

Liz
11-Sep-07, 22:35
Julia I am so sorry about what happened to your other half!
I hope he is okay now?

I can understand why he doesn't want to, but agree with the others, in that it would be best to report this to the Police as it can't be tolerated.

Very sad!:(