PDA

View Full Version : Changing Shops

poppett
10-Sep-07, 17:53
Hope the orgers out there will be able to help.

I was asked a question today and took total memory blank. Hope you can give the answer

Many years ago we had a Presto shop in the precinct where "Aurora" and "Semi-chem" are now. What shop opened in the site where "Semi-chem" are before it was "Semi-chem"? A few of us could recall the type of goods sold were cheap toileteries and food-stuff, but the name escapes us. HELP!!

corgiman
10-Sep-07, 17:59
Templetons???

poppett
10-Sep-07, 18:16
On the right track, but this was after the Presto/Templeton supermarket closed. It was a vacant site for ages, then done into two shops, but only one opened...........the one we can`t remember the name of!!

Keep trying..........we will get there in the end.....I have every confidence in the power of the org.

Ash
10-Sep-07, 18:17
it began with B

thats going to bug me now

bekisman
11-Sep-07, 07:44
"Home Bargains"?

crashbandicoot1979
11-Sep-07, 08:43
Wasn't it something like "basics" or "basix"????

poppett
11-Sep-07, 08:47
Ash,

It is bugging so many folk it is unreal. There were at least five folk interested in the coffee shop yesterday! Somerfield is rife with the same question and even the staff in Semi-chem can`t remember.

Home Bargains doesn`t ring a bell, but then I can`t even picture any shop being there...........senior moments don`t come alone.

Keep trying, will check with my friend and post back

poppett
11-Sep-07, 09:04
"BASICS"

Thank you all so much. Now the county can settle back down.

Any more shop threads while we are about it folks?

bekisman
11-Sep-07, 10:07
Hi yes, NOW remember it. Also found this link!: http://forum.caithness.org/archive/index.php/t-533.html (http://forum.caithness.org/archive/index.php/t-533.html) it was under our noses all the time

dunderheed
11-Sep-07, 17:59
poppet wanna send someone into somerfield to tell em , i dont know how many people have asked me this in the last two days

poppett
12-Sep-07, 09:44
dunderheed,

considering it was one of your supervisors who asked me in the first place she can now put the record straight! Isn`t it nice to have "superior knowledge" though!