PDA

View Full Version : Somerfield to Tesco

gatekeeper
10-Sep-07, 17:26
Does anyone know how long somerfield/tesco will be closed for the while the change over happens?

Ash
10-Sep-07, 17:30
i think its 2weeks

there are signs up in somerfield - not sure

your prob best going and checking :D

laguna2
11-Sep-07, 08:12
I think it is closing 22 September and re-openig 4 October - but as Ash said, there are notices up at the store.

Mr P Cannop
11-Sep-07, 08:45
what updates they doing to the new tescos ??

dunderheed
11-Sep-07, 17:51
shop will be closed longer, somerfields closes on 22nd september but tesco dont take possesion till 4th october, so be prepared for at least the end of october or possibly beginning of november for the opening

Mr P Cannop
11-Sep-07, 18:37
i mean are they adding anything to it ?? as i heard that where the cafe was thats where the doors are going to be there

Gross
29-Oct-07, 13:38
Is this Somerfield surrendering to Tesco? Have they decided that there's no point competing with them? Surely the future of Somerfield in Wick must be in some doubt?

hotrod4
29-Oct-07, 14:58
To be honest somerfield in Wick cant close quick enough.
They are charging more than some corner shops.
They are 14p more expensive than Tesco and the co-op for a loaf of bread.
23p More expensive for potato scones!!!.(92p compared to 69p)
I have noticed lots of things higher priced so seems they are making no effort to compete.Its been a gradual increase in prices.
if they wanted the business then I am sure they would try but to blatantly "rip off" customers is a very bad move on their part.
If thats the way they go about their business then what can they expect?

Ash
29-Oct-07, 15:24
i think the somerfields in wick is horrible, it feels very dirty and ur feet stick to the floor!!!

yuck!:eek::confused

The Angel Of Death
29-Oct-07, 16:46
Was in on fri night for the first time in ages same old story one till open and about 6 people waiting to be served its almost as if there just not interested at all

Its at the stage now where i will quite happily go the extra bit up to tesco's far better service and choice