PDA

View Full Version : Can I include a url link in my signature?

daviddd
10-Sep-07, 14:57
I'd like to include a link to my blog / Justgiving.com while I do a long expedition, in the hope of raising money for my charity. I don't seem to be able to - in fact I can't leave any kind of sig as it wasn't saved after entering. What's the deal here guys?

Mr_Me19
10-Sep-07, 16:14
Its never just left it out but when I tried to put a link for mine it created a huge fuss about BB code. :( It eventually accepted it though. But now I want another link but can't get it. I would love to hear the solution to this.

Bobinovich
11-Sep-07, 10:21
Links in signatures are no longer allowed - an announcement was posted a while back but I can't find a link to it. However the posts from Niall in this thread (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=26815) explain what you can do to promote a link, and that Mr_Me19 will need to remove the current link in his signature.

Mr_Me19
11-Sep-07, 18:01
Does it count since it isn't really a link? Just a URL? Ive posted on threads with moderators and no one has said anything to me? I've even had a thread on my signature link and no one has said anything?

Bobinovich
12-Sep-07, 09:26
Sorry Mr_Me19 - I took one look at it and thought it was a link, rather than just text. I think this is OK. :confused

Mr_Me19
12-Sep-07, 18:41
It is very unclear. I think I'll just take my chances until a mod tells me to remove it.