PDA

View Full Version : Coarse fishing

neepnipper
10-Sep-07, 13:08
Is there anywhere in Caithness you can course fish ie carp, perch etc..?

Geo
11-Sep-07, 12:23
I don't think so.

mareng
11-Sep-07, 14:58
I think you have to travel south to Loch Garve and Loch Achinalt before you come across coarse fish - and even then........ I think it is only pike.

George Brims
11-Sep-07, 20:38
There are only tasty edible fish in Caithness. I've never seen the point of coarse fishing. If you want to fish sitting down in Caithness take to the shore or go on the sea in a boat. At least if you catch something it will be dinner.

neepnipper
11-Sep-07, 21:52
It's not for me it's for my dad who's staying with me on holiday at the moment.

the second coming
11-Sep-07, 21:56

come fishing wi me and the bruv in law, the language is well coarse, espesially when i get bigger/better fish.....

messin aside, don't know of anywhere up here, there's some popular coarse fishing in the central belt but thats as much as i know, the sea fushin up here is imense tho, never caught so many fish....

neepnipper
11-Sep-07, 21:59
Dad used to fish Loch Laggan when we used to work for Monarch of the Glen (that's where it was filmed), we lived right on the shore and he caught huge pike, we had one for dinner and it tasted fine, if a bit bony.

Geo
11-Sep-07, 22:47
There are only tasty edible fish in Caithness. I've never seen the point of coarse fishing. If you want to fish sitting down in Caithness take to the shore or go on the sea in a boat. At least if you catch something it will be dinner.

Some course fish are very tasty from what I have read. Smaller Pike 5-7lbs are apparently very nice as are Perch. I believe Perch or Redfin as they are known there are regularly taken as a table fish in Australia. It isn't that long ago in history that Pike was the posh fish, not Salmon!