PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Day

bluelady
10-Sep-07, 11:18
Today I have been married 30 years ( and yes, Ive had all the life sentance jokes) Looking back to not only my own, but my elder relatives weddings, It's interesting to see the styles and designs of the gowns etc. They go from simple but pretty to elaborate and appear to be going back to simple but pretty styles again. I know there's a few orger's who have also celebrate their 30th this year, but what orger has the longest todate? :)

Thumper
10-Sep-07, 11:21
Well done to you Bluelady what an achievement!I really respect people who have long and happy marriages in this day and age!£0 years is a long time and I am sure you will have had ups and downs but you have stuck with it!happy Anniversary I hope you and your OH have a wonderful day x

justine
10-Sep-07, 11:34
Happy Anniversary to you and yours Bluelady, Well done and i bet it is the best life sentence you could have wished for...CONGRATS:lol:

johno
10-Sep-07, 11:41
Congratulations Bluelady, i always say that the first 30 yrs are the hardest,
you learn to live with each other in that period. After that you just put up with each other, thats easier. :eek: Awe im just jesting ,hope you have a really great anniversary, best wishes Johno :cool:

Lavenderblue2
10-Sep-07, 11:45
Congratulations Mr & Mrs Bluelady on your 30th (Pearl/Ivory) Wedding Anniversary.

You said you have had your ups and downs but through all this you are still together. That is definitely the answer, you have to learn to take the rough with the smooth.

Next week Mr & Mrs Lavenderblue2 will have been married 41 years, it hasn’t all been plain sailing but with every obstacle we face, I believe we become stronger.
My wedding dress? It was borrowed (we just couldn't afford a new one) it was miles too big - I had to wear a bra with socks stuffed in it to hold the dress up...OMG when I think of it now - but we were happy.

Here’s to your next 30 years of marriage Bluelady.

LB :)

nanoo
10-Sep-07, 12:12
Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Bluelady on their 30th Wedding Anniversary. I hope you both have a great day. Best wishes. :);)

Geo
10-Sep-07, 12:25
Congratulations. What do you have planned for the day?

Ash
10-Sep-07, 13:09
Congratulations!

my parents will be married 30 years next month, trying to organise a scrap book for them

helenwyler
10-Sep-07, 13:27
Congratulations bluelady:)!

Have a wonderful day!

Helen

NLP
10-Sep-07, 13:34
Congratulations Bluelady 30years WOW that's something nowadays I hope you both have a brilliant day.

lin
10-Sep-07, 13:51
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Lin

xx

Alice in Blunderland
10-Sep-07, 14:05
Congratulations and well done..... :D

paris
10-Sep-07, 15:37
Congrats !!Hope him in doors doesn't forget to get you some flowers. Jan x

bluelady
11-Sep-07, 21:29
thanks very much for the best wishes everyone.xx Mr B was at work and I took my daughter to Inverness to catch a plane at 6. Then I did a few messages and when I got home Mr B was in bed. Mind the kids have paid for us to go to Orkney for e weekend, so we "postphoning" our anni celebs for then. ;)

lynne duncan
11-Sep-07, 22:01
many congrats on your anniversary, enjoy your trip over the water

Whitewater
11-Sep-07, 23:22
Congratulations Mr & Mrs Bluelady, your 30 years is an achievement and believe me it gets better.

Mrs Whitewater and I have now been married 37 years, we have had great times and sad times but we have always supported each other throughout them. We will not make another 37 years but we are looking forward to what is left. Being retired gives you more time together and although we are getting older we have a great deal of fun to look forward to.