PDA

View Full Version : cross country

corgiman
09-Sep-07, 22:36
Not having a go at the school here at all, but just wondered if every one else whose child is doing cross country at the moment is coming home with a kit absolutely mankey, wife is getting miffed with washing and drying trainers every week :lol: She reckons one of these times she will open the machine to find a mass of bits instead of a pair of trainers:lol: Is this the norm or is our child just looking for piles of mud to run through???? I don't remember getting that filthy, mind you maybe my mum would remember it better hmmmm

souperman
09-Sep-07, 22:44
Exactly the same in this house, kit straight in the washing machine, occasionly socks straight in the bin, so i would say its quite normal although they probably reach a stage when its easier to go through the gutters rather than around then. The colour in his cheeks after the run makes up for it though, if the pe teacher reads this, keep it up !

Buttercup
09-Sep-07, 22:44
Thurso High PE teachers do seem to have a thing about Cross Country these last few years. Fairly knackers the trainers and the mud always makes such a lovely pattern on the clothes too! [mad]

corgiman
09-Sep-07, 22:49
Well this week they are supposedly running through a field and she got that filthy round the boating pond ha-ha I think I will go to the shed from work that day so I don't hear the wife's mutterings :lol: It is fantastic exercise for them though as you say those rosy cheeks are worth it :D

connieb19
09-Sep-07, 23:19
You should get her a pair of crocs, at least you can wipe them clean.