PDA

View Full Version : Our favorite view?

Rheghead
09-Sep-07, 21:11
I was glad that Wastwater won the 'Britain's favorite view' competition, a deserving winner. Not that I am biased btw :roll:.

What is Caithness's favorite view?

Mine is http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Rheghead/Duncansbyhd.jpg

footie chick
09-Sep-07, 21:16
The view from the top of Morven :)

mareng
09-Sep-07, 21:22
A shabby excuse for a programme.................

The BBC charge a license to produce programmes and then put out this drivel with the "chance to vote for your favourite view"..............

Absolute crap!

Almost as bad as "your chance to vote for the national treasure that will be saved"

Please don't fall for it............. change channels - do not participate.

Wellies
09-Sep-07, 22:39
My favourite view is from the Top O Brabster nothing like it

botheed
09-Sep-07, 22:47
I was glad that Wastwater won the 'Britain's favorite view' competition, a deserving winner. Not that I am biased btw :roll:.

What is Caithness's favorite view?

Mine is http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Rheghead/Duncansbyhd.jpgi thats a view indeed

wifie
09-Sep-07, 23:20
Mareng - was this not an ITV programme. I do agree though that it was a bit drivel-like! I watched the first week to see the views and then got bored. I did tape it tonight to see what won but that involved watching for the four finalists and then whizzing on to see the winner. Things like your favourite view are all about emotions and personal taste. TV is obsessed with our favourite everything to the point of aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Lolabelle
10-Sep-07, 03:20
TV is obsessed with our favourite everything to the point of aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

TV is and so are we here at the org. I may start another one, your favourite toothpaste??? What do you think??

embow
10-Sep-07, 06:59
A shabby excuse for a programme.................

The BBC charge a license to produce programmes and then put out this drivel with the "chance to vote for your favourite view"..............

Mareng - was this not an ITV programme.

It was an ITV programme. But agreed it was pure pap. Bamburgh was the bestview by far imho.

Andrew C
10-Sep-07, 11:45
I liked St Ives....its a lovely place..been there on holiday a few times.

Having said that, the views on the programme from Scotland weren't the best views by far. I could think of loadsa better views from all over the country than the ones that were picked.

My in-laws live in the Gower in South Wales....it is a lovely coasline...great beaches.

Valerie Campbell
11-Sep-07, 10:50
My favourite view is Loch Watten in winter. It's a beautiful and serene place no matter the time of year, but the snow just makes it stand out for me.

Errogie
12-Sep-07, 14:34
Dunnet Head and the outline of the Hoy hills and the Old Man viewed from many places on the mainland.

golach
12-Sep-07, 14:40
Across Thurso Bay, taking in Scrabster, Holburn Head, The Firth with a good swell, Orkney and Hoy in the Background, seen from The Victoria Walk , my idea of a perfect view

Murchiemannie
12-Sep-07, 16:52
Don't know about Caithness veiw but I used to love the view from the top of the Struie. On a clear day you could see for miles and it was breathtaking.:D

Dusty
12-Sep-07, 17:03
Across Thurso Bay, taking in Scrabster, Holburn Head, The Firth with a good swell, Orkney and Hoy in the Background, seen from The Victoria Walk , my idea of a perfect view

Golach, your description is what I see in my mind's eye when Thurso is mentioned.

It is as incomparable on a bright sunny day as it is during stormy weather under a heavy sky.

Dusty.

Sporran
12-Sep-07, 19:10
Dunnet Head and the outline of the Hoy hills and the Old Man viewed from many places on the mainland.

Across Thurso Bay, taking in Scrabster, Holburn Head, The Firth with a good swell, Orkney and Hoy in the Background, seen from The Victoria Walk, my idea of a perfect view

Mine too, as well as looking back across the bay from Holborn Head. Loved it when the cliffs of Dunnet Head and Hoy were reflecting a gorgeous copper colour! Sair miss those views, I must admit!