PDA

View Full Version : "Mey Selections"

exiledtoedinburgh
02-Aug-05, 18:01
What do people think? I think it's a fantastic idea! :D

kat311
03-Aug-05, 08:57
I also think its an excellent idea and I think with the support from Prince Charles the Mey Selections can and will be a success. Orkney have done it with Orkney Island Gold so why can't Caithness with Mey Selections?

Rubha_an_Tuir
03-Aug-05, 12:56
I think it's fantastic and will ensure my patronage. I believe Sainsbury's has taken it as a range. Great, I shop in sainsburys.
Caithness meat, can't wait.

golach
03-Aug-05, 15:00
Rubha_an_Tuir,
Im with you on this one, hope we can get Oatcakes an Crowdie as well

tip top
03-Aug-05, 15:49
Im with you on this one, hope we can get Oatcakes an Crowdie as well

That would hit the spot!

Prince Charles, Lord Maclennan etc should be given a BIG pat on the back for this initiative.

Lets hope this proves to be the success it deserves to be.

I haven't seen any mention of CASE in the media regarding this plan. Must be a goer then.

Rubha_an_Tuir
03-Aug-05, 22:14
Really I think it's great. I always head south with as much as I can reasonably take and keep whenever I'm home. Caithness beef/lamb is the finest. I know Mey select won't be the best of the best of the best (that will always stay in the county as long as we have proper butchers), but even nearly the best will be superb in comparison. Groats Tatties would be good too.
Good luck to and full support. Sutherland/Caithness farmers and fishermen work damn hard and produce fine fine quality.

Cattach