PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecasts

highlander
07-Sep-07, 22:41
I am SO fed up when i see the weather forecasts, the rest of the country always seems to get sunshine, but always on the map this little bit of scotland gets rain! mist! wind! i know i should be used to it, but come on gees a break!!!

bluelady
07-Sep-07, 22:49
Wednesday I went to Orkney - Mist and rain at John O'Groats, all e way over and at Burwick. From St Margarets Hope - to Kirkwall,sunshine which lasted all day, warm and beautiful and no wind. Coming back, as soon as we got to Burwick again, yep, rain, mist all e way over back to Groats and all the way home. Grrrrr

crayola
08-Sep-07, 00:03
I was through in Edinburgh today and it was the most wonderful warm sunny day I've ever spent there. Their shops aren't as good as ours but Princes Street Gardens make a wonderful spot for a picnic.

karia
08-Sep-07, 00:13
I was through in Edinburgh today and it was the most wonderful warm sunny day I've ever spent there. Their shops aren't as good as ours but Princes Street Gardens make a wonderful spot for a picnic.

A great place to feed the squirrels by hand!

The grey ones do not know that they are now vermin...or they'd be nipping across the road to Boots for a box of 'Feria 3D in autumn squirrel shade 36!

...Just like Davina McCall![lol]

golach
08-Sep-07, 00:24
Drat Crayola, Canuck, DrSzin and I were having Lunch today, but in the Grassmarket, Mrs G got sunburned, shame we missed you, and Highlander the weather was great...sorry:~(

karia
08-Sep-07, 00:28
Wednesday I went to Orkney - Mist and rain at John O'Groats, all e way over and at Burwick. From St Margarets Hope - to Kirkwall,sunshine which lasted all day, warm and beautiful and no wind. Coming back, as soon as we got to Burwick again, yep, rain, mist all e way over back to Groats and all the way home. Grrrrr

At least you know what to buy...and that it needs a hood!

Please don't hit me..I bruise and it won't reflect well on the family Org.

Karia

........Do they do different strengths of 'hoods'?...I am 'so' not joking!:roll:

I fear storms!

Kxx

crayola
08-Sep-07, 00:28
A great place to feed the squirrels by hand!

The grey ones do not know that they are now vermin...or they'd be nipping across the road to Boots for a box of 'Feria 3D in autumn squirrel shade 36!

...Just like Davina McCall![lol]Do Feria do a pale blue-blonde look?

crayola
08-Sep-07, 00:41
Drat Crayola, Canuck, DrSzin and I were having Lunch today, but in the Grassmarket, Mrs G got sunburned, shame we missed you, and Highlander the weather was great...sorry:~(How do you know you missed me? Our picnic was well after lunchtime.

Lavenderblue2
08-Sep-07, 16:15
I am SO fed up when i see the weather forecasts, the rest of the country always seems to get sunshine, but always on the map this little bit of scotland gets rain! mist! wind! i know i should be used to it, but come on gees a break!!!

Bringing this thread back to the weather - I'm with you Highlander - I'm scunnered with this awful weather. I've just been out to the washing line and I could hardly stay on my feet - in fact, I think a pair of Mr Highlander's draws flew by when I was out there!!! :lol:

LB

orkneylass
08-Sep-07, 16:22
taking the subject as weather forecasts, rather than weather, i get really annoyed about the "us and them" attitude that is so often taken in national forecasts - that is, if the north of scotland and the isles get a look in at all - typical example would be "Its going to be a lovely day with lots of sunshine for all of us, with a few heavy showers confined to the far north".......

cuddlepop
08-Sep-07, 16:38
I nearly posted a weather thread lastnight.
they do say great minds think alike Highlander:lol:

As to the Weather its just overcast,misty,wet,windy....dreich,:(

We did get a spell of beautiful blue sky and warm sunshine but if you blinked yesterday you'd have missed it.

Lavenderblue2
08-Sep-07, 17:05
taking the subject as weather forecasts, rather than weather, i get really annoyed about the "us and them" attitude that is so often taken in national forecasts - that is, if the north of scotland and the isles get a look in at all - typical example would be "Its going to be a lovely day with lots of sunshine for all of us, with a few heavy showers confined to the far north".......

Yes, that annoys me too orkneylass. They just wave a hand in our general direction and that's it.
However, I think that the annoyance is exacerbated by the fact that our weather has been so consistently awful and it is generally sunny and warm in the south. Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do about that (or maybe it’s just as well we can’t) but I know where I’d rather be even with the wind and rain.

I have a tab permanently on http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/he/thurso_forecast_weather.html (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/he/thurso_forecast_weather.html) and it is reliable enough to tell me when I can expect to get the washing dry! My husband uses it for work purposes too.

LB :)

Tugmistress
08-Sep-07, 17:53

That's why i learnt to do my own .... ok so i am not 100% right but i get it near enough for me :)

catnip
08-Sep-07, 18:32
I dont know what everyone else thinks, but I really can see the weather changing these past near ten years, It has become a lot wetter. I wish we could get the summers I remember when I was young, lots of days at the beach and the trinkie. I remember going to the Trinkie when I came out of high school at 4pm, just after we went back from the summer break. The weather then was beautiful.

orkneylass
08-Sep-07, 19:32
Yep - the sun always shone when I was a kid too.....as if!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Sep-07, 21:02
Drat Crayola, Canuck, DrSzin and I were having Lunch today, but in the Grassmarket, Mrs G got sunburned, shame we missed you, and Highlander the weather was great...sorry:~(

Ahhhh the Grassmarket............the King of all Pub crawls.Go around the market have a pint in every pub.Did a make it all around.......nope.To keep wi the thread though,never noticed the weather it was always Dark.The pubs are too close to notice it was rainin.:lol:

crayola
09-Sep-07, 01:08
I dont know what everyone else thinks, but I really can see the weather changing these past near ten years, It has become a lot wetter. I wish we could get the summers I remember when I was young, lots of days at the beach and the trinkie. I remember going to the Trinkie when I came out of high school at 4pm, just after we went back from the summer break. The weather then was beautiful.Has global warming has put an end to those long hot sunny summer days then? ;)

Lolabelle
09-Sep-07, 05:08
We are having a very wet winter, and I hate it, I just want to hibernate in crumby weather. We had a week of sun that gave me a false sense of security and now I have only half the garden tidied. :(
But I will probably be complaining in a couple of months about the heat. Refer me back to this post if I do, please. :eek: