PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on?

Cinders392
07-Sep-07, 17:35
in the world today?

orkneylass
07-Sep-07, 18:07
Lots of really great and positive things I expect but all we hear about is doom and gloom

sam
07-Sep-07, 18:21
so why not post your own great & postive things lol

Cinders392
07-Sep-07, 19:15
My daughter smiled for the first time today!

scorrie
07-Sep-07, 19:20
My daughter smiled for the first time today!

Make the most of those smiles. It seems like they stop when the age of 12 is reached!!

Cinders392
07-Sep-07, 19:28
She is only 7 weeks but I darent blink as she will be 12 before I know it. Every teen girl hates their mother. They grow out of it though!

sam
07-Sep-07, 19:35
lol a think every mother hates the teens:lol:

jsherris
07-Sep-07, 19:47
lol a think every mother hates the teens:lol:
And then some! My girls are 25, 24 & 17... yep, even the eldest are still teenagers when they want to be! [lol]

mccaugm
07-Sep-07, 20:16
* Things that made me smile today...
* My toddler son using his potty for No 2's for the first time. Also the look of delight on his face when I bought him a sweetie as a treat for being so clever.
* My kids all sat together and ate dinner without griping at each other. (Purring I think they call it in Wick).
* My toddler covering his dad in bubbles from his bath
* My hubby coming home from work early for a change
* My hubby making dinner
* Realising that I have the whole weekend with my family...
* Being told by the washing machine repair man that I was getting a brand new machine as my current one is needing replaced

Trivial things but they made me happy...:D I think its called counting your blessings

Cinders392
07-Sep-07, 20:47
You are so lucky. My 24 month old son wont look at the potty. Well thats a lie. I can get him to sit on it if I say that Im going to put his 7 week old sister on it. He is a little ealous of her, well alot jealous. He will sit on it if it means she aint. I have had him pee in it a few times and this morning I got him on the toilet but only because he started to pee in the bath! he has had too much change in the last while and think we will leave the potty training for a wee while yet.
The other week he poohed in the bath and didnt know what it was. He started screaming and trying to climb out of the bath. He obviously thought it was a beasties or probably a snake!!
Bairns eh!!

scorrie
08-Sep-07, 12:12
The other week he poohed in the bath and didnt know what it was. He started screaming and trying to climb out of the bath. He obviously thought it was a beasties or probably a snake!!
Bairns eh!!

A SNAKE!! Crikey, I know many a navvy who would be proud to release the Brown Boa back into the wild, never mind a two year old ;o)

Lolabelle
08-Sep-07, 12:23
* Things that made me smile today...
* My toddler son using his potty for No 2's for the first time. Also the look of delight on his face when I bought him a sweetie as a treat for being so clever.
Trivial things but they made me happy...:D I think its called counting your blessings

I love the way we go into raptures about how wonderful doing a poo is when a bub does it in the potty or toilet. :D
There are somethings that are just a delight. And this is one of them. It's the small things in life that make it all worth while don't you think?
We all get caught up in the "big issues" but the little things are the ones that give us real pleasure, that we remember and talk about in years to come, you know, 21st birthdays and things like that!

mccaugm
08-Sep-07, 12:55
You are so lucky. My 24 month old son wont look at the potty. Well thats a lie. I can get him to sit on it if I say that Im going to put his 7 week old sister on it. He is a little ealous of her, well alot jealous. He will sit on it if it means she aint. I have had him pee in it a few times and this morning I got him on the toilet but only because he started to pee in the bath! he has had too much change in the last while and think we will leave the potty training for a wee while yet.
Bairns eh!!

This made me laugh out loud.....as my health visitor said recently, they will do the potty thing when they are ready....and its true. My toddler thinks its hilarious when he pees in the bath.
The best trick I found for my little one is a packet of raisins as an incentive.

Jeemag_USA
08-Sep-07, 17:44
in the world today?

Scotland beat Lithuania 3-1 after a nervy spell... HURRAH [lol]