PDA

View Full Version : homebase.... bathroom brilliant

elamanya
07-Sep-07, 12:50
well to day was the day we were promised delivery of our new bathroom and guess what.... phoned just now to confirm it would be here today, and after waiting 30 mins on the phone i hung up, then they phoned me to say........ it wont be here today as there were some parts missing... where the hell did they go coz they were there last week when we were promised it .. grrrrrrrr , grrrrrrr i feel a cancel coming on ....

BRIE
07-Sep-07, 12:54
I had the same problem with focus in inverness! so annoying after several weeks of promises they then rang & told me it was discontinued!![evil]

jsherris
07-Sep-07, 13:35
About 3 years ago, we bought 2 giant sofas from DFS.... then 18 months on, the stitching on one seat part was so tight that the leather actually tore... I called them to ask for a local repair company, & they told me it had a 2 year guarantee... they would repair free of charge! Woohoo!
So, 4 weeks later a man came round to inspect the damage... he said it couldn't be stitched, yep, I told them that, the leather had torn.....
So he took a small cutting of leather to get it matched, so he could replace it....
6 weeks after that, I called them - 'have you got the new piece of leather yet?'.... 'No, it can't be matched, that grade leather & that colour has now been discontinued, you'll have to come in & choose 2 new sofas'.... :eek:
OK.... that was good news actually & we did just that.....
Another 6 weeks passes, & 2 new giant sofas arrive...... slightly different from the originals & even larger! We had to take the window out to get them in the room!
Guess what?
EXACTLY THE SAME COLOUR & GRADE LEATHER!
If only we could train companies in the art of common sense!

elamanya
07-Sep-07, 16:38
just been up and cancelled the new bathroom sick of the lies and broken promises , then we went to william wilsons in thurso and for nearly the same price got a better bath, taps , bath panels, and all the fitted units and it will be here next friday .. sick i never went and looked aroubd first , but we will for the kitchen without a doubt, and i can tell you where we wont be going ...

bigjjuk
07-Sep-07, 17:17
elamanya

Im the buyer for m m millers, For a kitchen try Howden joinery in Thurso, u have to buy through a joiner or registered tradesmen, but they have most of their kitchens instock, and deliver twice a week.

Good luck in your hunt

johno
07-Sep-07, 17:48
elamanya

Im the buyer for m m millers, For a kitchen try Howden joinery in Thurso, u have to buy through a joiner or registered tradesmen, but they have most of their kitchens instock, and deliver twice a week.

Good luck in your hunt
And the units are already assembled. believe me you have no idea the amount of work & time that saves. :cool: