PDA

View Full Version : Roads

TRUCKER
07-Sep-07, 06:13
I see by the paper that £75 million is to be spent on a bypass for inverness for when u are coming from the fortwilliam side i didnt think it was that busy to warrent a bypass. The £75 million could be spent on improving other roads in the highland region which are getting in a poor state.

johno
07-Sep-07, 08:38
I see by the paper that £75 million is to be spent on a bypass for inverness for when u are coming from the fortwilliam side i didnt think it was that busy to warrent a bypass. The £75 million could be spent on improving other roads in the highland region which are getting in a poor state.
i think they are trying to cut down congestion into the city, but as you say i doubt that road is all that busy, reckon most traffic on that road would be going into the city anyway. the Inverness - Aberdeen road is where the money aught to be spent. That road is a national disgrace. [disgust]

NickInTheNorth
07-Sep-07, 09:30
It would even be better spent doing something about the disgusting state of the road between Inverness and Fort William. But once again Inverness council spend money in and around Inverness :(

elamanya
07-Sep-07, 10:44
surely its about time as well something was done about the road from the north side of berridale to dunbeath its like some thing out of alton towers ..

JammyDodger69
07-Sep-07, 10:48
Think the roads in general are poor, potholes are a joke, like the one at the lights in thurso, they keep fixing it but it's back again as soon as something heavy hits it, not that I'm blaming trucks or anything I blame them for not fixing it properly in the first place. Whats the point of having a nice car and lookin after it and keep it maintained and clean then you drive it on the roads up here and it's bang hit a pothole and it's bye bye bushes or something. Is the council going to pay my garage bill... yeah right!

Rant over

Woohoo it's friday ;)

saxovtr
08-Sep-07, 10:44
another waste of money

Riffman
09-Sep-07, 01:35
Driving up here certainly tests your suspension.......

75mil aint much really when it comes to roads. But roads that really need doing is get the damn dual carraige way from perth to inverness done, oh and dual to aberdeen as well.