PDA

View Full Version : What would you like for Christmas ?

catnip
06-Sep-07, 21:49
What would you like for Christmas ???

I have no idea yet, but I am sure something will come to mind.

Hey this thread could be a good way of getting what you want if they know who you are !!!!!!!!

SMART THINKING![lol]

neepnipper
06-Sep-07, 22:01
Leave it out, it's only just September! I think about Christmas on December 1st!

karia
06-Sep-07, 22:02
Hi Catnip,

I would like for everything to stay exactly as it is....at this very happy moment in my life!:D

Karia

lady penelope
06-Sep-07, 22:03
Christmas! Let me have my birthday first. I'd like a bottle of something fizzy please.:)

futurelegends
06-Sep-07, 22:11
A new Lens for my Camera, better start saving now Santa.

karia
06-Sep-07, 22:11
Christmas! Let me have my birthday first. I'd like a bottle of something fizzy please.:)

Honey,..I call that a week day!;)

Karia

NickInTheNorth
06-Sep-07, 22:14
Just world peace.

I guess I'll be disappointed gain :(

Wellies
06-Sep-07, 22:29
I already have my Xmas Pressie husband is at home for the first time in 7 years and he is getting to stay home for New Year as well. He was off for both last year. Well I think it is a good thing:lol:

Fran
07-Sep-07, 00:20
I would like to have himself with me at Christmas time as usual, but unfortunately this is not to be, he is too ill.

golach
07-Sep-07, 00:22
What would you like for Christmas ???

I have no idea yet, but I am sure something will come to mind.

Hey this thread could be a good way of getting what you want if they know who you are !!!!!!!!

SMART THINKING![lol]

Please, can I have a summer[disgust]

jsherris
07-Sep-07, 01:03
Peace & quiet... and an Irish turkey! ;)

Jeemag_USA
07-Sep-07, 01:07
I would like a Celtic home shirt, away shirt and the second away shirt please. Make it a large of each, and maybe if there is any chance can I get nakamura on one with his number, McGeady on another and Donati on the third one. PLEEEEEEASEEEEEE.....I can't get them over here without having to search and pay a lot of postage :(

Moira
07-Sep-07, 01:10
Can we please not have this discussion until at least the "teenth" of November?

jsherris
07-Sep-07, 01:34
Can we please not have this discussion until at least the "teenth" of November?
Or maybe the 31st Nov, Moira?? [lol]

Moira
07-Sep-07, 01:41
You English folks are so darn sneaky. The Scottish calendars show 30 days for November & you lot gain an extra day's shopping/relaxation/whatever before Christmas. The Irish will have a lot to learn from you Julie! :lol:

jsherris
07-Sep-07, 02:02
I'd prefer the whatever, Moira! ;)
We're off to Ireland on Sunday for an interview extravaganza week... well, at least for himself!
Will know more by the time we get home as to what job = what area, but it's definitely going to be an Irish (bought) Turkey!

Lolabelle
07-Sep-07, 08:19
I would like a suprise,

... but if that suprise is a new camera, well, that would be nice. :Razz

riggerboy
07-Sep-07, 08:59
just a day off would do me, only kidding we are hopefully going to lanzarote on the 23rd and not back until the 5th, that is if i get a trip off

bluelady
07-Sep-07, 10:09
good friends and family to share the season,reflect on the meaning of Christmas, forget our troubles for a while and offer a dram to whoever knocks on e door. :)

mccaugm
07-Sep-07, 12:05

Same here, although I would love it if my sister told me she was getting married and/or was having a baby.

Mister Squiggle
07-Sep-07, 14:33
My Christmas wish this year is for a law to be passed which makes it a mandatory jail term, with pelting in the stocks with over-ripe mince meat, for any CEO of any major retail chain to put ANY Christmas products on their shelves prior to December 1st.
Harsh, I hear you say? Well, consider this. I was shopping in Tescos last night and went down that little aisle where, not just last week they had summer barbecue stuff (you know, marinades, those little useless coal barbecues, skewers, plastic cups in eye-melting colours etc). At the end, they've popped in mince meat, marzipan, mixed fruit .... Hang on, I thought, that's not summer-outdoors-midgie material, that's Christmas ...
Now I know people like to get their cakes and puddings made early to give them some kind of requisite stewing time. My nanna swore by it. But this is the thin edge of the wedge. We are still praying futiley for summer and they're sneaking in Christmas paraphernalia.
It must be stopped. I know we all whinge about it here on the Org on a relatively frequent basis, but I honestly think, without actually wanting to sound like I'm inciting some kind of militant action, that steps must be taken to halt this juggernaut that starts us hurtling towards Christmas somewhere in late summer. I was going to get hysterical and start pulling the stuff off the shelves and stomp on it, I was going to use the kerosene from the diminished barbecue display to ignite it, I was ... well, frankly I ran out of ideas, but if anyone else shares my concerns, feel free to post some suggestions.
Right, glad I got that off my chest. I'm off for a good lie down. Wake me up around December 24th.

BRIE
07-Sep-07, 14:53
well with just over 15 WEEKS to christmas! i would like to have our new house finished & to move in for xmas that would make for a great hogmanay party;)

paris
07-Sep-07, 17:32
Nothing really, just for all my kids to be happy. jan x

obiron
07-Sep-07, 18:16
would like an i-pod from santa me thinks or possibly a wii.

balto
07-Sep-07, 19:10
for my christmas i would love just for my kids to be happy and healthy and the rest of my family to be happy aswell, also santa if you are listening i would really love a new digital camera, hint hint

NLP
07-Sep-07, 20:30
It's just for the kids really isn't it for me I'd like it to be stress free and not as many chocolates as last year.

Ricco
07-Sep-07, 20:58
I would like to spend Christmas in Thurso. Lovely.:)

Fran
08-Sep-07, 02:54
Tonight in Tesco I noticed they are now selling mince pies, christmas cake and christmas pudding, oh no, and I was still waiting for summer to come!!!!!!

saxovtr
08-Sep-07, 09:21
i would like some parts for my car lol

brew
08-Sep-07, 11:13
SNOW. A good covering of soft white snow, thats all I want, so I can take my little girl for a snowball fight and build a sonwman and go sledging with her, last few years there has been nothing good enough and she will be nearly 4 at Christmas, so now she is the right age to enjoy it. Plus someone to come round and wash the dishes after having Christmas dinner.

catnip
08-Sep-07, 18:39
I have still no idea.
Would not mind a petrol mower to get through the jungle of grass that has grown in all this wet weather. Not very romantic though is it !!!

Thumper
08-Sep-07, 18:52
I would love to be whisked away somewhere nice and cosy with a log cabin,snow,plenty of good food and drink and maybe a few close friends.When I am there santa could drop off a few new pairs of shoes or boots for me...now that would be the perfect chrismas IMO x

anneoctober
08-Sep-07, 21:04
I would like ( cos I want - never gets!) an old fashioned Christmas with lots of snow, red berries and holly in the garden, a fabulous wreath on the door, lots of wee birdies to have their buffet in our back garden so we can watch them having a good time! A good sized Xmas tree with lots of lights and pressies below, an open log fire , my mum's broth on the stove, roast chicken and all the trimmings, followed by mum's xmas pudding complete with sixpences etc! Best of all, seeing the kids faces when they open their pressies, I genuinely love to give rather than receive gifts ( NO, I don't refuse them...that would be rude!). Out to make a snowman army with thick flakes of snow falling , hot chocolate & marshmallows......... I'll need to give this some more thought......[lol]

johno
08-Sep-07, 21:21
I would like ( cos I want - never gets!) an old fashioned Christmas with lots of snow, red berries and holly in the garden, a fabulous wreath on the door, lots of wee birdies to have their buffet in our back garden so we can watch them having a good time! A good sized Xmas tree with lots of lights and pressies below, an open log fire , my mum's broth on the stove, roast chicken and all the trimmings, followed by mum's xmas pudding complete with sixpences etc! Best of all, seeing the kids faces when they open their pressies, I genuinely love to give rather than receive gifts ( NO, I don't refuse them...that would be rude!). Out to make a snowman army with thick flakes of snow falling , hot chocolate & marshmallows......... I'll need to give this some more thought......[lol]
Ah well Anne, think you need what i need, a lotto win [merc amg for me] + you need a trip with the whole family to Lapland. good luck. :Razz

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Sep-07, 22:54
This Christmas I want some hair.Not a wig or pink Star Trek job,just some hair.I went into 1992 lookin like Elvis in his prime,came oot of 1992 lookin like Yul Bryner crossed wi Keith Flint fae The Prodigy.So Santa,can I have some hair.Cheers.Either that or I'll have to take ma youngest's advice"Dad,take a felt tip and draw some rabbits on yer head.Cos fae a distance they look like hares":lol::lol:

Riffman
09-Sep-07, 01:43
What I would like for Christmas:

Canon 1DsMKIII (21.1MP!)

Canon Lenses:

EF-S 10-22
EF 16-35 f/2.8L
EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS
EF 24-70 f/2.8L
EF 70-200 f/4L
EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS
EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM
TS-E 24 f/3.5L
EF 24 f/2.8
EF 35 f/1.4 L
EF 50 f/1.2 L
EF 85 f/1.8 USM
EF 100 f/2.8 USM Macro
EF 135 f/2L
EF 300 f/4L IS USM
EF 300 f/2.8L IS USM
EF 400 f/5.6L USM
EF 500mm f/4L IS
EF 600mm f/4L IS

Not asking too much do you think?

engiebenjy
09-Sep-07, 01:50
What I would like for Christmas:

Canon 1DsMKIII (21.1MP!)

Canon Lenses:

EF-S 10-22
EF 16-35 f/2.8L
EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS
EF 24-70 f/2.8L
EF 70-200 f/4L
EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS
EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM
TS-E 24 f/3.5L
EF 24 f/2.8
EF 35 f/1.4 L
EF 50 f/1.2 L
EF 85 f/1.8 USM
EF 100 f/2.8 USM Macro
EF 135 f/2L
EF 300 f/4L IS USM
EF 300 f/2.8L IS USM
EF 400 f/5.6L USM
EF 500mm f/4L IS
EF 600mm f/4L IS

Not asking too much do you think?

Glad i'm not your santa!!! A Wii would be good - funnily enough that's what the kids want too. A laptop would also be nice, or a new SLR camera like my brother bought last week. Sadly, it will probabaly be the same as ever - find something better to buy, and buy far too much for the kids. Mainly a day without anybody fighting would be nice, and would make my day.

pat
09-Sep-07, 08:38
I would like this year to have a Christmas of peace, no fighting, no guns, no knives on the streets, no war, no crime, everyone feeling worthwhile, respected and giving respect to other folk. If this could happen for even one day it would be a wonderful Christmas.
The ill to be free of pain and discomfort for at least one day.

candyfloss
09-Sep-07, 09:58
I would like someone to make christmas dinner for me, so i can sit and play with the kids toys [lol]

SNOWDOG
09-Sep-07, 16:02
I want a canoe! :)

catnip
09-Sep-07, 20:52
Oor Wullie or the Broons, Christmas is not the same without them !

footie chick
09-Sep-07, 21:03
Oor Wullie or the Broons, Christmas is not the same without them !

We used to get the book {which ever one it was they used to have year about} for picking the tatties in the october school holidays.
Haven't read one for years I wonder if the library has some copies :D

catnip
11-Sep-07, 13:08
someone else to make dinner, but then again, I do love having all the left overs.

stekar
11-Sep-07, 20:17
Snow, snow and more snow! But no howling gale.

An enormous bar of chocolate that contained no calories. I wish....

Andrew C
12-Sep-07, 15:27
Got my first Christmas card today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused