PDA

View Full Version : What do guys look for?

karia
06-Sep-07, 21:09
Evening all,

As you know, we women are such obliging creatures..we spend hours trying to please you lot, what with our 'wiles' and our 'cooking' and 'mothering'..:roll:!

Given that we do SO much.........

..what about us do you actually REALLY VALUE ?

If we know what DOESN'T matter to you lot....maybe we could lose it and have a day off.;)

Karia

golach
06-Sep-07, 21:13
As you know, we women are such obliging creatures..we spend hours trying to please you lot, what with our 'wiles' and our 'cooking' and 'mothering'..:roll:!

..what about us do you actually REALLY VALUE ?
Karia
Be a good cook, raise our kids, and listen to us now and again, and shut up when WE are talking [lol]

NickInTheNorth
06-Sep-07, 21:25
nothing much really.

Know what we are thinking before we say it.
If we've changed our mind about something know that before we tell you, and never ever suggest that we have changed our mind

I guess that those two alone make a woman fairly ideal :D

karia
06-Sep-07, 21:37
nothing much really.

Know what we are thinking before we say it.
If we've changed our mind about something know that before we tell you, and never ever suggest that we have changed our mind

I guess that those two alone make a woman fairly ideal

Hey Nick!

You've got to wonder what kept us back when it is put with such simple and straightforward eloquence!;)

Run Jill!.. we have you covered!:)

KariaX

rhino
06-Sep-07, 21:40
a hug, kiss n then asked how my day has been, is what makes my lady special to me.

karia
06-Sep-07, 21:44
Be a good cook, raise our kids, and listen to us now and again, and shut up when WE are talking [lol]

Hi golach,

I will have to visit the 'witch stitcher general' to shut me up with any degree of permanence....and Crayola may have other things to do this week![lol]

Karia xxx

Torvaig
06-Sep-07, 22:24

Shouldn't that be "off" golach?[lol]

johno
06-Sep-07, 23:04
Well im lucky i got exactly what i like. no funnie,s this post, im sincere.
she,s ok to look at, defends me to anyone & everyone ,looks after me cleans the joint & is a damn good cook. but she can still put me in my place.:eek:
ps. thank christ she,s not an org mod.

Camel Spider
06-Sep-07, 23:09
That you either :

a) Dont wake up when I leave.

b) Dont wake me up when you leave.

Standing by for Incoming .. *puts fingers in ears and closes eyes*

Tubthumper
06-Sep-07, 23:15
Soup. Just soup.

karia
06-Sep-07, 23:18
That you either :

Do you have a wee card with that printed on?

seriously, it might save a lot of time and hassle...on both sides![lol]

Karia....(waving stuff as you are blind and deaf!!);)

xxxxx

Anne x
06-Sep-07, 23:23
That you either :

my life to a tee except when I come in late I want to talk or chatter or gibber !!! depends on what kind of day I have had now thats life !!! behold anyone who wakes me up before the up time !!!!

Moira
06-Sep-07, 23:52
<snip> .....ps. thank christ she,s not an org mod. <snip>

And - you know this for sure? :lol:

johno
06-Sep-07, 23:54
And - you know this for sure? :lol:
absolutely. [para]

golach
07-Sep-07, 00:12
Soup. Just soup.
No way....I make the bestest soup, ask Changi [lol]

Jeid
07-Sep-07, 03:29
A beautiful smile, a warm heart, open arms, a brain(and the ability to put it to good use), patience and the ability to put up with my moaning. Not too much to ask I think ;)

Camel Spider
07-Sep-07, 03:34
Do you have a wee card with that printed on?

seriously, it might save a lot of time and hassle...on both sides!

Karia....(waving stuff as you are blind and deaf!!);)

xxxxx

I will now .. ;)

TRUCKER
07-Sep-07, 05:54
Everything u say and every thing u do

johno
07-Sep-07, 08:55
A beautiful smile, a warm heart, open arms, a brain(and the ability to put it to good use), patience and the ability to put up with my moaning. Not too much to ask I think
hey jeid, i really like your avatar, when i first read this post i was actually gonna swat that beasty till i saw it do the figure o eight continually. cool . [lol] [lol]

Torvaig
07-Sep-07, 10:31
A beautiful smile, a warm heart, open arms, a brain(and the ability to put it to good use), patience and the ability to put up with my moaning. Not too much to ask I think ;)

Certainly not; there are plenty like those around.....;)

Tubthumper
07-Sep-07, 13:06
...and suspenders. Soup and suspenders, not necessarily at the same time.

golach
07-Sep-07, 16:07
...and suspenders. Soup and suspenders, not necessarily at the same time.
No Way Tubs, Im no wearing Suzzies when making soup, I might wear Galasses tho'.

paris
07-Sep-07, 17:39
Oh dear ive just tried to squash your avatar....SORRY ! jan x

mccaugm
07-Sep-07, 19:16

Please tell me your not married!

golach
07-Sep-07, 19:25
Please tell me your not married!
Mccaugam, I am happily married for many many years, I am easily pleased and was trained to lower my expectations...or else :D

Ricco
07-Sep-07, 21:02
a hug, kiss n then asked how my day has been, is what makes my lady special to me.

A hug and a kiss - wow! You've got it made... wish I got those! :confused

Ricco
07-Sep-07, 21:05
Give as much as you take. Don't be one sided in everything. Round here the coin has 'I win' on one side and 'you lose' on the other. As with Golach - I got training.:~(

karia
07-Sep-07, 21:15
Aaah Ricco!

The good guys are always the one's to suffer!

I know a great balsam for 'bike bottom', by the bye!

And no, I am not 'rubbing it in!'..............
...so as to speak!;)

Good Luck with your challenge!!:)

We here.. all know that you are a STAR!

Love Karia xx

jsherris
07-Sep-07, 21:18

And so this posting got me thinking.....

Most of the time when himself comes home, I kiss him, ask him about his day (whether I actually listen is another thing, but at least I ask) and ask him if he wants coffee.....
But sometimes, if the girls have been mithering, or I've had leah & she's been a nightmare, or the neighbours have been back & forth, you know, those 'piccadilly circus' days, then I forget, or I go straight into a stream of how MY day has been..... and I shouldn't. It's inexcusable. He goes off to work each day so I can stay at home & if I've not hoovered, or washed the cups, or made the bed, I have NEVER known him complain..... he knows I'll do it later, or he'll do it himself.
Ricco, you've just given me a reminder of what's important - and that's himself. Without him, I couldn't live my life the way I do - and I should never forget it.

Mind, his life would be dead boring without me, so really he's the lucky one! [lol]

golach
07-Sep-07, 21:21
. As with Golach - I got training.:~(
Ricco, I think its called being house trained :cool:

karia
07-Sep-07, 21:29
Ricco, I think its called being house trained :cool:

Perhaps!...but I warrant ye both are free thinkers yet!;)

Mind you don't get hit wi' the catflap on your way oot!

Kariax

Tony
07-Sep-07, 21:32
I assume you haven't read the good wife's guide then.:lol:

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.
Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives.
Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc and then run a dustcloth over the tables.
Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair and, if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.
Be happy to see him.
Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.
Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order, and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.
Don't greet him with complaints or problems.
Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.
Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
A good wife always knows her place.

jsherris
07-Sep-07, 22:38
Blimey Tony - that's going a bit too far methinks.....

Can I ask the mods to please remove that post before Andy actually reads it...??? [lol]

Wow, the very thought..............

crayola
07-Sep-07, 23:11
I thought guys looked for nice hair, pretty face, sticky up boobs, narrow waist, rounded but firm hips, long legs, slim ankles and heels. I thought I was doing ok and they've made me rich taking photos so where have I been going wrong all these years? :lol:

jsherris
07-Sep-07, 23:15
I thought guys looked for nice hair, pretty face, sticky up boobs, narrow waist, rounded but firm hips, long legs, slim ankles and heels. I thought I was doing ok and they've made me rich taking photos so where have I been going wrong all these years? :lol:
Good job some guys out there look beyond the obvious then, methinks. :confused

crayola
07-Sep-07, 23:35
I wish it were that simple. You may wish for more but it's better than a mannie who expects me to cook his dinner, wash his dishes, wash his shirts and his socks, iron the same, forgive his unwashed armpits, enjoy his gaseous indiscretions under the duvet, forgive his indiscretions under other women's duvets and mow his beloved lawn every Saturday morning whilst he sleeps off his hangover and the kids are bored to death because he ignores them. [disgust]

Edited to point out this isn't my hubby, it's a pal's.

crayola
07-Sep-07, 23:37
...and suspenders. Soup and suspenders, not necessarily at the same time.But possibly at the same time? I've met men like you! :eek:

Sporran
07-Sep-07, 23:40
Crikey, Tony, that sounds like it came from a Harry Enfield comedy script! :eek: You know, from one of his skits made to look like an old movie from the 1940s. Here's one called 'Women Know Your Limits' :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU)

crayola
07-Sep-07, 23:53
It sounds like my pal's hubby and it's not funny.

golach
08-Sep-07, 00:29
If you looked like Sam Fox (a wee stotar) then maybe, but us males are not as shallow as 'at, only editors of sleezy papers are

crayola
08-Sep-07, 00:53
If you looked like Sam Fox (a wee stotar) then maybe, but us males are not as shallow as 'at, only editors of sleezy papers areSam's boobs were always a tad droopy, she's not that good looking, her skin isn't great, she has dreadful taste in men, and I never really got on with her. She was one of the 'Sun gang'. We 'Mirror girls' looked down on them for some reason. With hindsight, Maxwell was as bad if not worse than Murdoch so we had no right to.

golach
08-Sep-07, 01:02
Sam's boobs were always a tad droopy, she's not that good looking, her skin isn't great, she has dreadful taste in men, and I never really got on with her. She was one of the 'Sun gang'. We 'Mirror girls' looked down on them for some reason. With hindsight, Maxwell was as bad if not worse than Murdoch so we had no right to.
Ouch, the catty claws coming out here Crayola, Sam was unique the origional, you lot that followed were in her shadow IMO

karia
08-Sep-07, 01:05
[quote=Tony;269063]IPrepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provideI may well be more than a 'little gay' by the time this chap comes home![lol]xx

Camel Spider
08-Sep-07, 01:07
I thought guys looked for nice hair, pretty face, sticky up boobs, narrow waist, rounded but firm hips, long legs, slim ankles and heels. I thought I was doing ok and they've made me rich taking photos so where have I been going wrong all these years?

Dont know about other Men but I do !! .. :roll:

The ability to laugh at both yourself and life is pretty important to me. I dont take life too seriously and my current other half balances me out perfectly. We both read each other pretty well and that is a rare thing in my experience. We can also be straight with each other without falling out and we both put the effort in to being considerate, too many times that is just assumed by both parties. She is undobtedly my best friend, we have both said we may not always be a couple but we will always be friends.

Those qualities are all very important but mostly I am with her because she makes the best bacon sandwiches in the world.

Seriously .. ;)

crayola
08-Sep-07, 01:11
Ouch, the catty claws coming out here Crayola, Sam was unique the origional, you lot that followed were in her shadow IMOI didn't follow her, we were contemporaries. She was the Sun Page 3 girl, Jane Warner and I were her direct competition at the Mirror, but she had the Murdoch machine behind her and she became famous.

golach
08-Sep-07, 01:28
I didn't follow her, we were contemporaries. She was the Sun Page 3 girl, Jane Warner and I were her direct competition at the Mirror, but she had the Murdoch machine behind her and she became famous.
With respect the claws are showing Crayola, IMO spitt spittt

Anne x
08-Sep-07, 01:50
I didn't follow her, we were contemporaries. She was the Sun Page 3 girl, Jane Warner and I were her direct competition at the Mirror, but she had the Murdoch machine behind her and she became famous.

oh !!! dear sounds like sour grapes to me

catnip
08-Sep-07, 18:43
I think just being there !!!

Thumper
08-Sep-07, 18:54
LMAO catnip I agree...but it's not even just being there, most guys would just be happy with a pulse :eek:

Ricco
08-Sep-07, 19:32

Well, those as well. But I thought they were taken as already part of the attraction. ;)

sassylass
08-Sep-07, 21:05

Poor Ricco!

crayola
09-Sep-07, 01:02
oh !!! dear sounds like sour grapes to meNot at all. Sam was so pigeonholed that she found it difficult to be taken seriously when she tried anything else. I wouldn't have wanted that and the page 3 thing was always a sideline for me anyways. We were treated like mindless morons by almost everyone involved so I preferred commercial modelling. I earned and learned enough from that to set up my own business a few years later. I didn't want media attention and that's why I always wore heavy makeup and didn't use my real name.

Bobinovich
09-Sep-07, 01:38
Hmmm, especially her 'singing' career [lol]

crayola
09-Sep-07, 01:46
I was being kind to her. To be honest I feel sorry for her despite all her success.