PDA

View Full Version : Bus service

Geo
06-Sep-07, 19:07
Is anyone else finding the bus service deteriorating? The buses don't seem to be as regular and on more than one occasion have driven passed without picking up passengers! Also a friend was saying that they get the bus from Thurso college to Wick but the bus to Lybster goes a few minutes before the Thurso bus arrives. Would it not be better to arrange it so they connect?

nikki
11-Sep-07, 13:27
When the bus comes back into Wick after the college, it travels around Wick before going down to Somerfield. My friends and I usually get off the bus at the CO-OP and walk down to Somerfield, because the next bus back to Lybster isn't until quarter past 8 (as far as I'm aware), and there's no guarentee of the Thurso bus making it down there on time. It's not a long walk, I know, but when it's pouring rain it's not really the most enjoyable experience in the world.

Geo
11-Sep-07, 13:31
Good idea but you'd think the bus company could make it a connection, when they are only a few minutes apart. All it takes is for the Lybster bus to wait a few minutes.