PDA

View Full Version : Purple Salute

veekay
06-Sep-07, 18:51
Can I ask everyone reading this to take a couple of minutes out of their busy day and take a look at the following website
www.purplesalute.org (http://www.purplesalute.org)

Friday 7th September is Prideday, purple salute day. A chance for us all to think of and take pride in our services.

In war and peace, in defence and support of people throughout the world Their bravery and commitment is total at all times

This is our chance to say thank you.

Please just a couple of minutes

Thank you

Royster1911
06-Sep-07, 19:14
I think I would continue to support SSAFA ,The Church Army and Earl Haig groups who have and continue to care for our serving and past members of H. M. Armed Services over many decades. If a new group springs up, I ask myself WHY?
This is my personal opinion as an ex-serving veteran. Yours may differ, to which you are entitled

veekay
07-Sep-07, 07:27
If you check out the website you will see that they do as well. This is not a money raising venture what they want is to make everyone see the need for appreciating the work our sevice men and women do day in, day out whilst being aware of the anti war feeling held by most of us over here.

American celebs. get great news coverage saying what this group has been saying for a while now.

Please take a couple of minutes to read the website
Thanks

Camel Spider
07-Sep-07, 19:10
Thanks for Posting Veekay, I have passed the link onto a few ex colleagues.

If only the British public treated their Forces and Emergency service members (both ex and serving) like they do in the States.