PDA

View Full Version : rubbish

compo
06-Sep-07, 18:11
hello all. was just wondering if any one else was having a problem with uplift of domestic rubish. that is any one involved in volunteer youth organisations. i am in army cadets wick and we had an inspection a property inspection that is. now these 2 colonels are responsible for the upkeep of ta and cadet propertys. the upshot is that the councill wont take away the rubish as we are clased as a charity and therfor dont pay rates and our rubish is regarded as buisness waste how that works i dont know any way the rfca thats the organisation that runs the cadet and ta property services wont pay. but why cant the council uplift the rubish as all the adults pay rates and all the parents of the kids who attend army cadets pay rates. in the end what happens to the rubish...?

Torvaig
06-Sep-07, 18:14
How about taking some home with you to put in your own bins? If there is too much, share it between a few of you.
Either that or fight your corner and say that you're are not a business....

Royster1911
06-Sep-07, 18:42
Schools are in a simelar situation when it comes to recycling paper. Schools have plenty of it and are owned by Highland Council. Recycling trucks want it and are owned by Highland council. The trucks are not allowed into the schools as they are classed as business premises. neither will they stop outside the school gates to pick up the paper if the janitor was to take it up to the gate. SOLUTION...get the janitors who live on premises to lug all the boxes and bags of paper shreddings by hand to where his household recyclingbin is uplifted...25 Meters FROM THE SCHOOL GATE!!!!
Crazy or what?[evil]

compo
06-Sep-07, 19:26
i think in our case the rfca should stump up the money and its not just us this effects all cadet detachments in the north of scotland

EDDIE
06-Sep-07, 23:01
hello all. was just wondering if any one else was having a problem with uplift of domestic rubish. that is any one involved in volunteer youth organisations. i am in army cadets wick and we had an inspection a property inspection that is. now these 2 colonels are responsible for the upkeep of ta and cadet propertys. the upshot is that the councill wont take away the rubish as we are clased as a charity and therfor dont pay rates and our rubish is regarded as buisness waste how that works i dont know any way the rfca thats the organisation that runs the cadet and ta property services wont pay. but why cant the council uplift the rubish as all the adults pay rates and all the parents of the kids who attend army cadets pay rates. in the end what happens to the rubish...?
Well thats just the council for you away in a law to themselves if the army cadets was gypsy travellers you would get it all uplifted for free its a crazy world.I think the easy way out would be to empty the rubbish in your home bins thats the easy option that saves money.
Or you can just keep puting the rubbish out every week and let it stock pile up dont give a monkeys about it and if theere is any problems give them the colonels phone number because at the end of the day its the colonels problem.

TRUCKER
07-Sep-07, 06:01
Put ur rubbish in the big bins in the car park at somerfields thats what i would do.