PDA

View Full Version : Death of Pavarotti

golach
06-Sep-07, 09:07
What a loss to the world. He was a big man in every way. The man that brought Opera to the masses.

Lolabelle
06-Sep-07, 09:11
Oh, that is sad, he seemed like such a lovely bloke, and an incredible singer. :~(

jsherris
06-Sep-07, 09:12
Oh Golach, I've not done any of the news sites yet - and now I've looked, (not that I doubted you) I'm sat with a few tears.

Very sad - I saw him in london several yeas ago - wonderful evening, magical man, I even fell in love with him a bit too - a very sad loss. :(

Mister Squiggle
06-Sep-07, 10:32
What a wonderful singer, what a sombre day. It was listening to Pavarotti sing that first brought me to opera and showed me what a wonderful form of music it is. His passing is very sad news indeed.

Julia
06-Sep-07, 10:39
That's really sad news, he was such a talented man, a name known to all!

bekisman
06-Sep-07, 10:51
Pavarotti; many years ago we went to see him at the SEC in Glasgow, he was wee bit late as he had stopped off at a shop to buy some gifts, (spontaneous or what?) we were around the back of the building where he was practising, and his 'bodyguards'? allowed a few of us in to watch him, we were there for about half an hour and he did not mind at all. then into the main building and enjoyed a fantastic evening - I was offered £400 for our tickets near the main entrance but the missus would have ripped me head off if I had weakened - glad I didn't! He'll be sadly missed and WILL go down in history as the greatest tenor..

paris
06-Sep-07, 10:57
How sad. What a wonderful man . jan x

nanoo
06-Sep-07, 12:31
I did read in the paper this morning that he was extremely ill and it was only a matter of time. So sorry to hear this news as he was a wonderful singer and will be a great loss to the world.:~(

justine
06-Sep-07, 12:42
extremeley sad news for the world.Not only to opera lovers but to many hearts across the world....I dont like opera as a rule but he made me enjoy it...I will miss his smile, and his wonderful voice.And yes i do have his music...

MAY HE REST PEACEFULY:(

Liz
06-Sep-07, 13:07
A sad loss indeed. He was a big man in every way.

NLP
06-Sep-07, 14:47
So so sad what a voice, he will be much missed

Anne x
06-Sep-07, 14:47
My daughter went to one of his Picnic in the Park concerts and has never forgotten the experience Great Man with a wonderful voice

horseman
06-Sep-07, 19:32
For any one who is into it -there is a great tribute to him on bbc2 just now.

scorrie
06-Sep-07, 19:43
I reckon Pavarotti was the best thing to emerge from the 1990 World Cup. The tournament itself was probably the worst ever. Drab football throughout and a bunch of diving cheats ended up lifting the trophy. Above all that cack, Pavarotti managed to bring a tiny taste of Opera into the lives of millions who would normally have avoided it like the plague. Nessun Dorma, later to be confused as a campervan called Nissan Dormer, belted out throughout the summer and people came to learn that a tenor could be worth more than two fivers.

I am sure that, for many years to come, I will still associate Pavarotti with Cornetto ice cream.

Deelicious Ice Cream, of Italyyyyyyyyyyy!! (Made in Belgium)

bluelady
06-Sep-07, 19:58
A great loss, but his memory will live on through his songs. :cry:

johno
06-Sep-07, 23:14
im not a great fan of the opera myself, but i could easily spend an evening listening to pavarotti singing, he truly had a great voice.