golach
05-Sep-07, 21:59
What should the church be doing in our community? :- From Andrew C

Spiritual Conflict?:- From Jaws

Britain in moral decline :- From Botheed

Out fo Body experience :- From Crayola

What do you think of Paganism :- Crayola

Government and the Buddhists :- J4bberwOck

These are some of the religious and sudo religious threads posted on here in the last month. Or threads about our moral standards.
Should the Admin not start a God Slot Forum for all religoius and semi reigious topics, I personally would be grateful.

botheed
05-Sep-07, 22:02

These are some of the religious and sudo religious threads posted on here in the last month. Or threads about our moral standards.
Should the Admin not start a God Slot Forum for all religoius and semi reigious topics, I personally would be grateful.good idea golach:cool:

Bobinovich
05-Sep-07, 22:03
Hear hear!

Camel Spider
05-Sep-07, 22:04

Should the Admin not start a God Slot Forum for all religoius and semi reigious topics, I personally would be grateful.

Seconded, Top Idea.

Lolabelle
05-Sep-07, 22:06

Actually I agree with you Golach, I love talking about the Lord, but I'm sick of all the senseless debate that I allow myself to get into. So I now quit. I love to talk about our lives and interests, but I'm over endless going over the same ground under so many different thread titles.
So I would like to apologise for encouraging it by responding.
The hard thing is, that usually these threads are the only interesting ones on here. Start something new will you, and give us all something else to talk about.

Jeemag_USA
05-Sep-07, 22:18

Why did you not just PM the admin and ask for a religous board to be opened, its the simplest way to get an answer, I asked for a Sports board and woo hoo we got one ;)

gleeber
05-Sep-07, 22:28
All I can think to say is why?

golach
05-Sep-07, 22:40
Why did you not just PM the admin and ask for a religous board to be opened, its the simplest way to get an answer, I asked for a Sports board and woo hoo we got one ;)
What makes you think I have not done that already? IMO I think the religion discussion is a bit more important than the Caithness Sport forum, not that I am in any way against good work that Brizer2k7 does for Caithness Football

helenwyler
05-Sep-07, 22:41

I agree, Golach!

karia
05-Sep-07, 22:51
Totally,

Muster your religious arguments ..and all respect to you!

Personally, I know what I believe,..or don't, and whatever the strength of my beliefs, or not, ..I am certain that they do not require the Hi-Jacking of an entire community forum to uphold them.

Karia

johno
05-Sep-07, 23:40
Totally,

Muster your religious arguments ..and all respect to you!

Personally, I know what I believe,..or don't, and whatever the strength of my beliefs, or not, ..I am certain that they do not require the Hi-Jacking of an entire community forum to uphold them.

Karia
karia, my sentiments entirely. good post

Anne x
05-Sep-07, 23:54
Golach I agree and have no wish to discuss or not my beliefs !!!
the org the past few weeks has become like a channel on American t v for the bible belt said with no disrespect to anyone
I know what I believe in but like most things in life and at the end of the day a personal thing
each to there own

and do not believe a forum is the place for it

Tristan
06-Sep-07, 00:45
I can see the point of a religious slot, but I guess the question is what is general and what should have its own forum? Should we have a yob slot? a politics slot should be there? a shopping/store slot, a slot for introducing oneself would be ideal (we do get a lot of those). Seems there is a small group of females here who want to talk about shoes, should that be its own forum?
The problem is sometimes there is a thin line. The moral decline thread did not have to turn to God but it did. Andrew C's thread about the church in the community could be under a God thread, but probably better under a community thread (which I think was his intent.)
Is there any point on adding all these extra slots since people don't follow them anyway all sorts that could go elsewhere are posted in the general section - Some are left, some are removed but it is a first point of call.
We all still have the option to read a tread or not so really it should not be too big a deal.

Andrew C
06-Sep-07, 00:53
I can see the point of a religious slot, but I guess the question is what is general and what should have its own forum? Should we have a yob slot? a politics slot should be there? a shopping/store slot, a slot for introducing oneself would be ideal (we do get a lot of those). Seems there is a small group of females here who want to talk about shoes, should that be its own forum?
The problem is sometimes there is a thin line. The moral decline thread did not have to turn to God but it did. Andrew C's thread about the church in the community could be under a God thread, but probably better under a community thread (which I think was his intent.)
Is there any point on adding all these extra slots since people don't follow them anyway all sorts that could go elsewhere are posted in the general section - Some are left, some are removed but it is a first point of call.
We all still have the option to read a tread or not so really it should not be too big a deal.

I agree with you Tristan.

crayola
06-Sep-07, 00:56
Ooh, yes, a shoe forum please. Shoes are a lifelong passion for me but I just tinker with God and get bored with him rather easily.

So I say no to the passing phase of God bashing/praising. The God squad and their atheist alternative can head off to one of the many godzillions of God forums where they can play with houses in deserts and train monkeys to type to their hearts' content.

Let's get back to what we do best. Which, errrr, is what? I jamp back and I'd say it's either lost cats, supermarkets or windmills.

George Brims
06-Sep-07, 01:05
I'd say it's either lost cats, supermarkets or windmills.
ROTFLMAO! That about sums it up some weeks.

Anne x
06-Sep-07, 01:08
Crayola
I dont agree as far new shoes etc tv programmes, supermarkets or lost cats go yes there is a abundance of that I myself started a thread on a tv programme Anne Widdecombe series But !!!! be it a good or bad thing it serves a purpose to the community especially if its your cat thats missing !!!!

A lot of people living away from caithness rely on the forum and drop in
It is why a lot of people join it as I did being just a observer for years and not until I actually left joined sad but true keep going org one day everyone will be happy

Jeemag_USA
06-Sep-07, 01:25

Very good point Tristan and I agree with you. I would hardly say we have had a glut of religous threads, just a few, and as so many people have been told so many times over and over again on forums, if you don't want to read them you don't have to. And it is funny, there have been so many threads onf Windfarming and Supermarkets, why not have a section for both of those, oh wait a minute, nobody has asked for that to happen yet, I am jumping the gun ;)

Also as many thread we have had on terrorism or Iraq or other political subjects, there isn't a section for that either. So maybe god should be in our general vicinty, he is omnipotent after all so he is already in every section :Razz

Margaret M.
06-Sep-07, 02:53
I find it very easy to click on by the topics that do not interest me. I see no need to have them moved to a separate forum. The more restrictions placed on topics/discussions the more boring the board becomes.

Rheghead
06-Sep-07, 04:38

Yeah I agree, it would be like the Director of the BBC putting all that rubbish on BB2 where only those that want it will watch it.

TBH, I think we should just talk about local and national issues which affect Caithness and all the other rubbish can be deleted by the Mods because there is a lot of other forums that are tailored for God issues. Lets face it, that is why the forum was set up for in the first place?????????

htwood
06-Sep-07, 04:38
Why? Click on what interests you, and pass over the things you dont want to read. Topics often dont fit one slot, and why limit yourself. For example:

(separate forum for Duties of Organized Religion?)

(separate forum for Personal Spirituality?)

(separate forum for Sociology?)

(separate forum for Biochemistry of the Brain?)

(separate forum for Comparative Religions?)

(separate forum for Political Rhetoric?)

Keep it simple.

johno
06-Sep-07, 09:08
clear as mud. got it,:eek: [lol]

WildChild
06-Sep-07, 16:52
I think a God slot would be a brilliant idea lol I mean the more ye talk about him/her/it the more likely he/she/it may put in an appearance like :Razz IMO he/she/it is much needed around these parts and am sure he/she/it would very much appreciate being given a slot all to himself/herself/itself lol he/she/it would love it Im sure! :Razz

Mr_Me19
06-Sep-07, 18:43
Not a God slot. A "Religious and Moral Topics" slot maybe. Or even just a "Beliefs" slot.

Ricco
06-Sep-07, 19:56
All I can think to say is why?

...and all I can think to say is why not? We have threads for anything else - why reject this one? :confused

gleeber
06-Sep-07, 20:48
I wasnt rejecting it. I was asking, why change something thats worked forever?
I never thought about it until Golach brought it up.
I dont see any reason for changing it but if there is, then why not?
I just wondered what it was. :confused

Ricco
07-Sep-07, 21:14
I wasnt rejecting it. I was asking, why change something thats worked forever?
I never thought about it until Golach brought it up.
I dont see any reason for changing it but if there is, then why not?
I just wondered what it was. :confused

Ahh... sorry. Enlightened now, thanks. :)

crayola
07-Sep-07, 23:14
I am sticking out for a shoes forum. Even better a Choo's forum. ;)

I have 7 pairs of Choo's. Am I the winner?