PDA

View Full Version : Mallaig and the match....

percy toboggan
05-Sep-07, 20:07
hello again
I'm up there once more next week. Does anyone know if either of England's world cup games will be on the terrestrial telly. I rather doubt it myself. Do Scotland's matches kick orf at the same time? In which case there's no chance. I might catch the rugby when Scotland play er....Portugal? Mallaig's not big on boozers (only 2 methinks) but the game might be on in one of 'em.

Good Luck to Scotland in both ball games/tourneys. I dearly hope you qualify/win it !! . I don't expect 100% empathy on this but we all have our failings when it comes to national traits eh.;)

gleeber
05-Sep-07, 21:50
You may be in luck. I saw a programme today and all the games are on an ITV channel. Games are on at different times too.

celtic 302
05-Sep-07, 22:40
You will find that all Scotlands and Englands games are on ITV 3 and ITV 4. No games (except maybe the final) will be on ITV/STV or any other terrestrial channel. Only highlights on terr. chan. Also, Scotlands first game against Portugal will be on ITV4 on Sunday at i think 2 in the afternoon

percy toboggan
06-Sep-07, 21:29
I was talking football - the round ball game - and the euro qualifiers this weekend.
I had heard there was a Rugger competition on as well and I might take that in too if I can't find much else to do - not too clear on rules etc. and those blokes are way too brawny for their own good. It's a less skilfull game too in my opinion but played by a better type of person often, if I'm honest.
I really do doubt now that England v. Israel will be shown on Highland telly.
Ne'er mind eh. Radio 5 is always there. (I'm not that bothered anyway to be honest as I can tek or leave modern football) Hope to cheer Scotland on with the locals though - Lithuanian and Scottish - I expect Mallaig has both !!! :-)