PDA

View Full Version : Gaelic Speakers

Andrew C
05-Sep-07, 16:17
Hallo, ciamer a tha sibh an-diugh?

just wondering if there are any gaelic speaking orgers out there, or if anyone knows any gaelic speaking people around Wick.

I know that Caithness is not traditionally a Gaelic area, but as someone who knows a wee bit of the language I'm keen to start a wee group.

If anyone is interested, mail me at andrew.clark**AT**salvationarmy.org.uk

Mar sin leibh an-drasta.

Andrew C

Alice in Blunderland
05-Sep-07, 18:25
You have obviously not encountered Weeboyagee yet .......I will draw his attention to this post when I next encounter him myself :lol: Any orgers out there spotted him :eek:

Rheghead
05-Sep-07, 21:04
I tried to enroll for the classes at Thurso night class but they were full. Another course is planned after crimbo. I can read some basic Gaelic but pronounciation is my biggest stumbling block. I can read quite a bit of the Scotsman gaelic page though.

Andrew C
05-Sep-07, 21:15
I tried to enroll for the classes at Thurso night class but they were full. Another course is planned after crimbo. I can read some basic Gaelic but pronounciation is my biggest stumbling block. I can read quite a bit of the Scotsman gaelic page though.

When I was in Bristol we had a sorta 'gaelic support group' that just got together to do a bit of conversation practice. We followed on of the distance learning courses from Sabhail Mor Ostaig, Skye.