PDA

View Full Version : hole.??

johno
04-Sep-07, 15:20
Two guys are walking through the woods and come across a big deep hole.

"Wow, that looks deep."

"Sure does! Toss a few pebbles in there and see how deep it is." They pick up a few pebbles and throw them in and wait, but there is no noise.

"Jeeez. That is really deep. Here, throw one of those great big rocks down there. That should make a noise."

They pick up a couple of football-sized rocks and toss them into the hole and wait. They wait, and wait, but again hear nothing.

They look at each other in amazement. One gets a determined look on his face and says, "Hey, over here in the weeds, there's an old railroad sleeper Help me carry it over here. When we toss that in, it's got to make some noise!"

The two drag the heavy sleeper over to the hole and heave it in. Not a sound comes from the hole.

Suddenly, out of the nearby woods, a goat appears, running like the wind. It rushes toward the two men, then right past them, running as fast as its legs will carry it. Suddenly it leaps in the air and into the hole.

The two men are astonished with what they've just seen.

Then, out of the woods comes a farmer who spots the men and ambles over. "Hey! You two guys seen my goat out here?"

"You bet we did! Craziest thing I've ever seen. It came running like crazy and just jumped into this hole!"

"Nah," says the farmer, "that couldn't have been mine. My goat was chained to a railroad sleeper."

angela5
04-Sep-07, 18:57
A man stopped at a rural gas station and, after filling his tank, he paid the bill and bought a soft drink. He stood by his car to drink his cola and he watched a couple of men working along the roadside. One man would dig a hole two or three feet deep and then move on. The other man came along behind and filled in the hole. While one was digging a new hole, the other was about 25 feet behind filling in the old. The men worked right past the fellow with the soft drink and went on down the road. "I can't stand this," said the man tossing the can in a trash container and heading down the road towards the men.

"Hold it, hold it," he said to the men. "Can you tell me what's going on here with this digging?"

"Well, we work for the county government, " one of the men said.

"But one of you is digging a hole and the other is filling it up. You're not accomplishing anything. Aren't you wasting the county's money?"

"You don't understand, mister," one of the men said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow. "Normally there's three of us--me, Rodney and Mike. I dig the hole, Rodney sticks in the tree and Mike here puts the dirt back."

"Yea," piped up Mike. "Now just because Rodney's sick, that don't mean we can't work, does it?"

anneoctober
04-Sep-07, 19:24
A man stopped at a rural gas station and, after filling his tank, he paid the bill and bought a soft drink. He stood by his car to drink his cola and he watched a couple of men working along the roadside. One man would dig a hole two or three feet deep and then move on. The other man came along behind and filled in the hole. While one was digging a new hole, the other was about 25 feet behind filling in the old. The men worked right past the fellow with the soft drink and went on down the road. "I can't stand this," said the man tossing the can in a trash container and heading down the road towards the men.

"Hold it, hold it," he said to the men. "Can you tell me what's going on here with this digging?"

"Well, we work for the county government, " one of the men said.

"But one of you is digging a hole and the other is filling it up. You're not accomplishing anything. Aren't you wasting the county's money?"

"You don't understand, mister," one of the men said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow. "Normally there's three of us--me, Rodney and Mike. I dig the hole, Rodney sticks in the tree and Mike here puts the dirt back."

"Yea," piped up Mike. "Now just because Rodney's sick, that don't mean we can't work, does it?"
I betcha Mike's a blonde.....hee hee [lol]

johno
04-Sep-07, 21:13
heh heh thats good liked that [lol] [lol].