PDA

View Full Version : Jane Tomlinson

karia
04-Sep-07, 14:12
Hi Folks,

So terribly sad to hear of the death or this tireless campaigner for cancer charities, at the age of just 43.

Her lust for life was as large as her generosity of spirit.

A truly inspirational woman.

Karia

lynne duncan
04-Sep-07, 14:24
our thoughts are with her family and may many folk remember her for her determination and strength, she was an inspirational woman.

Thumper
04-Sep-07, 14:28
I am sure all of us have jane's family in our thoughts today...Britain has lost an amazingly inspirational woman x

veekay
04-Sep-07, 15:48
I totally agree, such courage is so rare.

nanoo
04-Sep-07, 15:59
so sad to hear this news today at lunchtime. She was such a cheery person when you saw all her interviews on telly. Her husband must be so proud of her and with good reason. She will be sorely missed by lots of people all over the world.

mrs n
04-Sep-07, 16:35
sorry to hear about Jane, she was just amazing, her family must be so proud of her

mccaugm
04-Sep-07, 16:38
I read about this earlier today and was saddened too. I remember watching her son do online/TV blogs on T.V whilst she cycled across America. Hard to believe she was so ill at the time.

scorrie
04-Sep-07, 17:03
Given only 6 months to live and fought on for almost 7 years, completing challenges that many healthy people would not attempt. A giant of a woman and a credit to the human spirit.

NickInTheNorth
04-Sep-07, 17:15
I was deeply saddened to hear this news today.

And then absolutely amazed to learn that when she did the Lands End to John O'Groats cycle ride back in (I think) 2002 she actually stopped off on the way for two Chemo treatments. I've know many folks undergoing chemo hardly able to get out of bed!

Rest in peace Jane. You've more than done your bit.

orkneylass
04-Sep-07, 19:00
A fantastic example of courage. Also amazing when the individual who puts up a fight can confound the doctors who were able to do very little.

anneoctober
04-Sep-07, 19:10
seven years of courage and determination. I for one, had hoped that she would be granted the miracle of a longer life and time with her family. To have fought so hard to live, to raise such an incredible sum of money for charity, Jane was a real lady. I hope that those people who sent her hate mail accusing her of pretending to be ill, will hang their heads in shame. They will never know such courage in their lives.

Lavenderblue2
04-Sep-07, 19:18
Jane Tomlinson, a woman of enormous courage who fought the greatest fight of all with immense fortitude.

Just think, there were folk who recently openly doubted her illness…

May she rest in peace – and her family be blessed with her strength and courage to face the time ahead without her.

LB

Mizpah
04-Sep-07, 19:48
Jane must go down as a modern day hero in every way with all the courage she displayed in the face of adversity and was a credit to her family in every way.

candyfloss
04-Sep-07, 19:56
Very sad news, she really was an amazing lady and her family must be very proud of her.

karia
04-Sep-07, 20:05
seven years of courage and determination. I for one, had hoped that she would be granted the miracle of a longer life and time with her family. To have fought so hard to live, to raise such an incredible sum of money for charity, Jane was a real lady. I hope that those people who sent her hate mail accusing her of pretending to be ill, will hang their heads in shame. They will never know such courage in their lives.

Anneoctober ,

I was unaware that people 'doubted' Jane's illness. and am shocked and utterly disgusted by that.

It follows that her most untimely death will convince them otherwise ..and I hope they are totally ashamed and disgusted...as I would be, to have even 'suggested' such a thought....I hope that they are 'chequebook ready'..or at least as ready as they were with their statements.

My mum has terminal cancer, and if I could run, jump,fly, crochet,knit..I'd do anything to make people more aware.

Karia

TRUCKER
04-Sep-07, 21:35
She was one brave lady and will be missed.

Camel Spider
04-Sep-07, 21:58
Just found out .. RIP.

Moira
04-Sep-07, 22:38
Hi Folks,

So terribly sad to hear of the death or this tireless campaigner for cancer charities, at the age of just 43.

Her lust for life was as large as her generosity of spirit.

A truly inspirational woman.

Karia

Absolutely Karia. I'd followed a few of Jane's achievements a while back but then lost track. Jane was, as you say, truly inspirational -which puts my daily problems into perspective. Long live her memory.

karia
04-Sep-07, 23:17
Absolutely Karia. I'd followed a few of Jane's achievements a while back but then lost track. Jane was, as you say, truly inspirational -which puts my daily problems into perspective. Long live her memory.

Strangely Moira, I had also followed her story with much admiration and only yesterday I checked her site to see how she was doing.:(

It was hard to believe that even something as nasty as cancer could beat someone as decent and honest as Jane.

Karia

Cinders392
04-Sep-07, 23:23
Given only 6 months to live and fought on for almost 7 years, completing challenges that many healthy people would not attempt. A giant of a woman and a credit to the human spirit.

I agree, an amazing woman

Rheghead
04-Sep-07, 23:47
A very sad and poigniant day for me.:(

crayola
05-Sep-07, 00:29
Let Jane live on through her appeal (http://janesappeal.com/).

Anne x
05-Sep-07, 01:11
Let Jane live on through her appeal (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://janesappeal.com/).

very very brave lady and so strongwilled helps others going through cancer treatment and gives a lot of hope to fellow sufferers

I hope her family will get comfort a bit from what she has achieved they will be so proud