PDA

View Full Version : Hell's Kitchen

candyfloss
04-Sep-07, 09:27
Who was watching " Hell's Kitchen" last night then ?
I love it, i'm not sure if Marco Pierre White is as scary as Gorgon Ramsey yet :eek: Jim Davidson looks knackered already,i hope Brian wins, he was great on BB2.:D

telfordstar
04-Sep-07, 10:18
i only got to see the first wee bit of it but i think that marco dosna look the type to take the crap of any of the celebs which i think makes it worth viewing will definatly be tuning in tonight to see more. the onl thing that puts me of watching hells kitchen is angus deyton/deayton i find him not funny and very very annoying.

floyed
04-Sep-07, 16:54
I watched it and thought it was alright, it's never going to be as good as when Gordon Ramsay did it.

Tristan
04-Sep-07, 18:29
Didn't the current chef train Gordon as well as throw pots at him at one time?

anneoctober
04-Sep-07, 18:58
i only got to see the first wee bit of it but i think that marco dosna look the type to take the crap of any of the celebs which i think makes it worth viewing will definatly be tuning in tonight to see more. the onl thing that puts me of watching hells kitchen is angus deyton/deayton i find him not funny and very very annoying.
Missed this last night because....I was on the Org....:roll: Yes Andrew Deyton is a pain in the ....... :eek:

karia
04-Sep-07, 18:58

Hi Tristan,

I KNEW I liked him for something!

I was actually a G.R fan until the horrible 'Gordons gin' adverts started appearing with his endorsement.

The guy doesn't drink..but is currently lending his name to both this, and the Threshers wine ads..!:eek:

It suggests that he is more interested in money than quality...as anyone who has ever tasted Gordon's gin will easily attest![disgust]

Karia

candyfloss
04-Sep-07, 19:59

I've heard he's the only person to make Mr. Ramsey cry :eek:

telfordstar
04-Sep-07, 20:01

i heard that as well marco spoke about it last night he just said he didnt make gordon cry he made himself cry ooooohhhhh:lol:

Camel Spider
04-Sep-07, 22:03
I watched some of the last series but I will watch this one, the new chef is brilliant and I like the silent menace he exudes. The fact he could make Gordon Ramsay cry is a bit impressive.

Loved the bit where he told the guy to leave after he complained about the food and then would not apologise, pure class.

Looking forward to it !!

dunderheed
05-Sep-07, 16:37
marco pierre white was the youngest chef in britain to receive 3 michelen stars, he was indeed the chef that trained gordon ramsay, the reason he chucked the people out the rerstraunt was that if he okays the food to leave the pass , he takes it as a personal insult as he has given it his seal of approval. belive me this wasn't a gimmick for the tv cameras he does exactly the same in his restraunt.
i find him a different kind of chef from ramsay , ramsay rants and raves like the majority of head chefs in big kitchens where as marco relies on his intimidating manner , btw he is a tall fella , didnt you notice how easy he found it to look into peter crouch's (6ft 7) eyes

scotsboy
05-Sep-07, 17:38

I think Jock Wallace mad him cry as well - after he was told he would not make the grade as a professional footballer.

anneoctober
05-Sep-07, 20:55
Last night was actually the first time that I had ever seen Marco. I was impressed by his calmness, he talked to his team as opposed to ranting and raving . Have got it on series link to record so that I don't miss it when on the Org! :lol:
Notice Angus is STILL there......[disgust]

Dadie
05-Sep-07, 21:09
been enjoying it so far but angus daytons bits are when i get up and make tea, get wine or go for a pee he is smarmy and his put downs are not funny...brian going to pieces, jim davidson looking more and more knackered, tonys idea of profound thinking (hmm think he is too thick for it) urika out of her depth and marco being marco.. yup makes good viewing

Lolabelle
05-Sep-07, 21:59
I don't watch this show, as I have been there and done that. I am a chef and have had pots and utensils thrown at me by head chefs and in my apprentice days been verbally abused many times. It is unnecessary and pointless. I have also been known to thow the odd pot back at a chef who threw it first. And I have never, ever thrown anything in my kitchens at anyone. I have burnt sauces and had kitchen hands muck up an order, even had waitress's lose orders, leaving customers very unhappy, but I still never abused anyone. And now, we have many people who worked with us over the years who are very good friends and would work with us again if we were ever to take up the tongs... :eek:[lol]
Anyway, back to the show, I lived it, and I get too stressed watching it on telly.

Thumper
06-Sep-07, 10:14
I think the show is so much better with marco in it.Angus Deyton reminds me of a male version of jo Brand who I find annoying to say the least! I too have "been there done that" and had more than my fair share of abuse hurled at me along with pots pans etc but to be honest i have to say that I probably gave just as much back once i finished my training :eek: not that I am proud of it now x

candyfloss
06-Sep-07, 12:26
I've decided i really like Marco now, i think it's the kind of calmness he has about him. Mind you i would'nt want to be one of the celebs :eek: Don't know who i want to go tonight, either Rosie or Jim he's really anonying.

telfordstar
06-Sep-07, 13:49
im glad that lee has gone he was a whinger if ever i heard one and ive heard a good few whingers before its was spoiling the programes having to keep listening to him go on and on

candyfloss
11-Sep-07, 10:43
I could'nt believe how nasty Jim was to Brian last night, i'm so glad he's gone :eek: [disgust]

Thumper
11-Sep-07, 11:04
I think Jim has definately forgotten to move with the times!In a way I felt quite sorry for him because if you look back at his tv comedy career that was the kind of things that made his act,of course it is not pc nowadays but I suppose it is a case of you can't teach an old dog new tricks....I really don't think we will be seeing a tv someback for jim in the near future :roll: I was laughing to myself about him cos when I used to watch him on tv-in the days of benny Hill etc- I used to think he was god's gift :( x

ashaw1
11-Sep-07, 16:21
So glad he was kicked off! The worst thing was he seemed oblivious to the fact of what he was saying was offensive!

Solus
11-Sep-07, 16:51
Not a great lover of this sort of programmes but caught some if it when my missus was watching it, loved it when Marco told McKirrick (sp) to leave !! and had his table cleared , priceless,

telfordstar
11-Sep-07, 16:59
Not a great lover of this sort of programmes but caught some if it when my missus was watching it, loved it when Marco told McKirrick (sp) to leave !! and had his table cleared , priceless,

thats the second time hes done that stopped someone eaing and cleared thier table and asked them to leave a guy went up to the pass the other night and said something was fatty so marco was like who cares and had him removed classic

was wathing an old episode of big break on challang the other night with jim davidson in it its amazing what a few years does to you career and attitude wise