PDA

View Full Version : Freeview

Sasha's Mum
02-Sep-07, 23:25
Hello, this is the first time I have come on here so I hope I am doing it right. I have Freeview but cannot get ITV 2 or 3, they worked perfectly well before but neither of my two TVs can get it now. Anyone else have this problem? I do have a separate aerial for both.
Many thanks.

Tony
02-Sep-07, 23:39
Providing your signal is good enter your installation menu and search for/add channels to update your channel list. You should then find they have returned.

gollach
02-Sep-07, 23:40
You're not alone. Our ITV2/3 stopped working a week or so ago. I can't get it back, even by switching off and retuning the stations from scratch.

Strangely, I can still get ITV2(+1) :confused

Tony
02-Sep-07, 23:52
Spoke to somebody a couple of days ago who had the same problem with a couple of channels and one was also ITV2. Rescanned and they returned. Must be a trend or maybe freeview have changed frequency of them. You could have a look at this link.

http://www.freeview.co.uk/help/q1

young_fishin_neep
03-Sep-07, 02:32
we lost our itv channels so i did a instalation again and everything was normal again.

hope you sort your problem out

kaz xxx

dunderheed
03-Sep-07, 08:46
could this have something possibly to do with the frequency change caused by chanel 4 starting there +1 chanel?

angela5
03-Sep-07, 10:33
could this have something possibly to do with the frequency change caused by chanel 4 starting there +1 chanel?

I lost ITV2 a few weeks ago, when i rescanned to add CH4 + 1 it came back on.

Angela
03-Sep-07, 10:39
I have had the same problem - have lost ITV2 and ITV 3 recently. :(

Help -how do I rescan? :confused...oops forget that...I have just found Tony's helpful link above!

jimbews
03-Sep-07, 12:34
You're not alone. Our ITV2/3 stopped working a week or so ago. I can't get it back, even by switching off and retuning the stations from scratch.

Check to see if you have any channels 800 and above.
I had this problems, and found one TV refused to admit to ITV 2 and 3.

Found them above 800 and managed to move them to their correct positions.

I also had a similar problem recently with BBC24.

So much for progress:(

JimBews

Angela
03-Sep-07, 13:08
I've just done it this way -menu -settings -installation...cleared all the channels and then did a "first time" installation.

I now have all my channels back and in the right place. :D :D

anneoctober
03-Sep-07, 13:42
Welcome to the Org, sasha's mum ! :lol: what a can of worms you've opened up wi your second post ! However at least our friendly orgers have rushed to your rescue and well done Angela...... ;)

Ash
03-Sep-07, 13:44
hey i dont have freeview but we did have sky and as you all know from a previous post got rid of it, still have sky box and dish and the free channels but why isnt E4 free if its on the freeview box:eek::confused

Ricco
03-Sep-07, 14:22
We have had Freeview for ages but three weeks ago we stopped getting Channel 5 and some of the freeview channels. Everything else is OK. Tried rescanning the frequencies - no change. Going to get the arial fitters in to check.:(

Munro
03-Sep-07, 18:03
We live in West Sussex and had a similar problem some time ago, the reason given was that they shifted frequencies because of problems with military radar installations, not a techie but it seems plausible.

percy toboggan
03-Sep-07, 18:59
I understand digital reception is likened to a cliff's edge. You either get it, and get it good, or, you do not get it at all. There is, apparently no halfway house of fuzz or interference.

The stations are broadcast in little 'parcels' or clusters apparently three or four at a time. If you can't get one in the group or cluster, you won't get any.
And they call this progress?

l/m

Moira
03-Sep-07, 19:05
We have had Freeview for ages but three weeks ago we stopped getting Channel 5 and some of the freeview channels. Everything else is OK. Tried rescanning the frequencies - no change. Going to get the arial fitters in to check.:(

Ricco - we've had a similar problem here recently after the addition of Channel4 +1. Rescanning did not work. Disconnecting the freeview box from the mains then switching it back on & rescanning did work. I'm no techie either (can you tell?) but it might be worth a try. :)

golach
03-Sep-07, 19:33
I've just done it this way -menu -settings -installation...cleared all the channels and then did a "first time" installation.

I now have all my channels back and in the right place. :D
Who's a clever girl then :)

Ricco
03-Sep-07, 21:28
Ricco - we've had a similar problem here recently after the addition of Channel4 +1. Rescanning did not work. Disconnecting the freeview box from the mains then switching it back on & rescanning did work. I'm no techie either (can you tell?) but it might be worth a try. :)

Hey, that sounds like a plan. I'll give it a go. Thanks, Moira.

Sasha's Mum
06-Sep-07, 23:06
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, I rescanned and got all the channels back. I had to do it again tonight but now at least I know I am not alone and that there is nothing wrong with the tvs. Thanks to you all and I hope the folk with similar problems got them sorted too. Sasha's Mum

Ricco
07-Sep-07, 21:12
I tried the suggested tweaks but to no avail. Getting the TV engineer in tomorrow.