PDA

View Full Version : 19..Ninna.Ninna.Nineteen

brokencross
28-Jul-05, 19:45
No .No...Not the Vietnam war of 1969....just girls at 19 years old.

My twin girls who have been away at different Universities (not correct spelling) and have just come home for the "holidays".

They already think the world owes them a living!!!!!! If they have a cup of coffee in the living room, it is left there!! Knife and fork?????????wot is them???????They think "Fairy Liquid" is Tinkerbelle havimg a pee

A cup of coffee freely given, is left on the table, they make a cup for themselves and they say "I didn't know you wanted one"!!!!!!!!

In their bedrooms, Mr Pasteur (Louis) would have discovered the healthy mould earlier in his career. Plates, cups, mugs, more plates, empty takeaway boxes

Takes 2 hours of makeup, fashion parades etc before they go out and still their rooms are a total tip.......they also leave their "hair straighteners" plugged in

When I was little my mam made my bed 'cos it involved sheets, and hard work with blankets and stuff,.........yet my little "darlings" are incapable of fluffing up a duvet.

Boys are supposed tp be the scuffy and untidy ones.

Opions please, bearing in mind the girls are 19, are at Uni

lassieinfife
28-Jul-05, 20:22
Have been through all this and found the best way to deal with sloppy teens is to lock everything up... [disgust] no food no coffee milk etc unless served in disposibles.... and for everything else a large black bin liner works just great :D :eyes ........... everything in bin liner placed in bin ..... collected by binmen soon teaches them they dont live in pigstys and if that dont work make them sleep in garden shed :lol:

golach
28-Jul-05, 21:36
Whilst in the RN, messy mess decks were patrolled and anything left lying around was put in a bag know as the "Slop Bag" this was then locked away. When the offender of the said item discovered its disappearance, they then had to go to the head of the Mess and ask for the item back, to get the said item a fine had to be paid. All the fines went into a mess fund for social activities.
I did this with my two teenagers (both boys) fortunately, at first there was gnashing of teeth and much wailling. But I stood firm and they soon learned to put things in the Laundry basket. I only picked up items that were on the floor. They soon ran out of underwear and socks.

Kenn
28-Jul-05, 22:21
Well if your girls want to use you home as if it's an hotel..put up a price list for all services I. e laundry, cleaning, waitress service,meals and any thing else you can think of.
I would have thought that if they had been away at Uni for a year they should be quite capable of taking care of themselves and respecting other peoples space.As they do not seem to have learnt one of life's greatest lessons, simple courtesy GET TOUGH !

Margaret M.
29-Jul-05, 00:09
How strange you should post this. I am a neat freak and when I read the following earlier today it really made me stop and think.

"Despite the fact that I harp on getting rid of clutter all of the time, there really is some clutter that, in my humble opinion, is okay.

This includes items like the three pairs of my daughter’s shoes that seem to be left lying around the living room floor at all times. This would also include a heap of her make-up, hairbrushes, and other miscellaneous beauty objects that pretty much take over the entire bathroom counter.

Okay clutter includes the two cookbooks she left lying open on the kitchen counter, presumably with the intention of baking something—that is, before she went off to bed without putting the books away.

Not only is my daughter’s clutter okay with me, I welcome it. Why? Because she lives at college during the school year and is only home for the summer, and I love having her around. The truth is if I have to trip over a few shoes or can barely find the bathroom sink, I’m happy about it because it’s her stuff. The way I see it, this kind of clutter is a blessing.

Now don’t get me wrong. I truly do cringe at most clutter, but I believe that not all clutter is created equal. I have come to realize that there really are two kinds of clutter—static clutter and alive clutter."

Just think how much you will miss the "alive" clutter when they are back in university.

hereboy
29-Jul-05, 00:45
Margaret, I like your line of thinking here, with static clutter and alive clutter and what alive clutter means - that was a nice reflective piece.

However, I know someone who if I don't keep reminding to remove their static clutter there is every danger they would leave it lying around long enough so that it would become alive clutter and remove itself...

squidge
29-Jul-05, 09:30
i usually find that if i tip all their stuff in a big pile in the hall way, stamp my feet and shout then take myself out of he house with the threat that if its still there when i come back ill put the lot in the bin usually results in me returning to the hosue to find it spick and span. And i haven had a couple of hours mooching round the shops and a coffee and read a magazine.

Failing that do they need either a - your car or b - driving places. Withold either until your house is tidied to your satisfaction

WE have three levels of tidyness in our house

"The boys tidy" which usually amounts to a quick camaflage of the clutter, worktops swimming in water cos they cant seem to wring a cloth out and a sink full of pots - "we moved them out of the lounge though mum"

"MY tidy" which is lovely and tidy with a little Alive clutter maybe

"Nanna's Tidy" which is usually kept for visits from my mother, Xmas and when im having friends round for dinner and includes wiping the skirting boards and changing the beds

Tehy are now quite happy if isay i want things "MY tidy" but you shoudl hear the groans when i say it needs to be "nanna's tidy" :D

brandy
29-Jul-05, 22:38
omg squide! we have the same tidys!!!
*laughs*
however we seem to find thing magically apear from no where!!!
i keep throwing things away yet more things apear *Laughs*
however... i have been saying A LOT of late.. hunny we HAVE to go thru the kids toys and get rid of most of them..
ie birthday on the coming 9th then christmas.. plus all the random things we buy.. *sighs* as we have bought pressies for sam as well as ben.. sam being two to bens coming 1!! cant expect sam to understand hes not getting pressies either! *sighs* but where to put it all!