PDA

View Full Version : Online Tesco Grocery Shopping

neepnipper
02-Sep-07, 10:56
The most annoying thing keeps happening when I place my order for groceries on line with Tescos, I do the order, go to checkout and then it tells me I've nothing in my basket after I've spent the last 15 minutes doing it! When I place the order again, without fail it goes through ok. I would would say this happens 80% of the time, does anyone else have the same problem?

jsherris
02-Sep-07, 10:58
neepnipper - do you IE as your browser or firefox?
If I use firefox, this happens to me too - I always use the IE browser for shopping & it goes through fine - except sometimes it misses off the 'special offer' items when they're on the pop-up windows!

Sometimes it's your firewall/cookie set up & can need a bit of a tweak!

dragonfly
02-Sep-07, 11:00
I do Neepnipper, found out that if I book a delivery slot first it goes thru ok, but the amount of times I've lost what I've put in my basket in unreal, driven me mad to the point I'd give up and go to somerfield instead!! :(

but now if I pick the delivery slot after choosing what I want it does put the order thru ok.

Angela
02-Sep-07, 11:09
Neepnipper, as long as I choose the delivery slot first, my orders have never failed to go through OK.
Otherwise, I'm not sure if the order is recorded as you do it. :confused
You can always change the time of the slot later.
Btw, I use Internet Explorer.

neepnipper
02-Sep-07, 11:10
I always book the delivery slot first and I have IE.

Fluff
02-Sep-07, 11:24
i use firefox and have never had a problem. the page can take a while to load, but i can pick things, close the page, go back another day etc..

have you got the latest version of firefox?

jsherris
02-Sep-07, 11:30
i use firefox and have never had a problem. the page can take a while to load, but i can pick things, close the page, go back another day etc..

have you got the latest version of firefox?
Yep, all updated - sometimes it's the different security programmes that impinge on certain settings - it's not a problem though, I usually have both browsers open anyway - I just like to look busy with lots of tabs & windows!
[lol]

balto
02-Sep-07, 14:16
hi i find that somewhere between leaving the grocery page and getting to the checkout some of the things i have ordered have multiplied it is only one or two things but the other week i ordered 1 chicken but when i got to check out i had 2 plus washing up liquid it gave me 3 instead of 1 so now i always check once my order has been confirmed then go back and adjust whatever i have to, a fly way of making an extra few pounds per customer.

floyed
02-Sep-07, 15:19
I do ma shopping online with Tesco's most of the time and it works fine. I always book my slot first so don't no if that would make a difference.

Tony
02-Sep-07, 18:03
This may have something to do with the the browser history and by booking the slot first as suggested opens a fresh page. If this is the case a refresh may be all that is required by selecting F5 on the keyboard.

neepnipper
02-Sep-07, 18:06
When should you do the refresh? Once you've booked the slot but before you start to shop?

Tony
02-Sep-07, 18:17
Select the page from your favourites and then refresh.
I could not see your reply to this thread until I refreshed.

Buttercup
02-Sep-07, 21:29
I've had no problems at all (Internet Explorer), I sometimes book a slot before and sometimes after I do my shopping it makes no difference. Usually I'm delighted with the service but my last shop I noticed that I had a lot of very short dated items - the bread was dated that day and meat products were the next day. I'll remember next time to write a note for the shopper.

neepnipper
02-Sep-07, 21:51
I've had yoghurts dated the same day and short dated, if you ring the number at the top of the invoice the driver gives you you'll get a refund, funniest thing I had the other week was the antiseptic disinfectant I'd ordered was out of stock so they replaced it with organic bananas!

Thumper
04-Sep-07, 10:09
I try not to allow subsitutes but I sometimes forget...today they replaced my normal brand dogfood with another one it was half the price of my usual and the dog seems happy with it :) my worst problem is ordering the wrong size of things...my fault entirely as I am not paying attention but I have had tiny tins when I wanted normal size,giant bottles when I want small and worst one is ordering big bottles of juice for the kids but actually ordering the small individual bottles it doesn't go down well with the kids :( x