PDA

View Full Version : Poor Lypsync on Freeview

Liz
28-Jul-05, 17:46
Since last night the picture and sound on ITV Channels and E4 has been out of sync. :roll:

Channel 4 was affected but seems to be ok today and ITV news is alright.

I would have thought that if it was a problem with the box that all the channels would be affected?
There has been quite a bit of interference which may be due to the weather conditions.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Liz

Liz
31-Jul-05, 13:20
Has no one else noticed poor lipsync on ITV channels on Freeview? Channel 4 is affected sometimes as well. :(

ITV 1 is slightly out of sync but ITV2 and 3 can be really bad.

ITV News is fine and this problem only started when it came on air.

It's amazing how annoying and distracting this is and I don't know if I can do anything about it?

pie2000
31-Jul-05, 15:11
I have noticed this too but i have sky. It doesnt happen often though an i dont think there is much you can do. It seems to happen more with live tv than anything else.
annoyin yes but think we just have to put up with it. :(

kenimac1
31-Jul-05, 16:02
Happens with my sky also. Not just at home either, I've seen it at work and in hotels etc.. Don't know why, but I suspect somebody will have a baffling technical explanation.

Liz
31-Jul-05, 18:36
Happens with my sky also. Not just at home either, I've seen it at work and in hotels etc.. Don't know why, but I suspect somebody will have a baffling technical explanation.

Probably! If you go onto some forums and ask for advice on problems like these the 'techies' will give well intentioned but totally bamboozling replies!!!

Someone did say it can be caused by a software problem?

I don't know if it's just a co-incidence but this problem only started when ITV News came on air and during the past few days it has often been off air although my signal strength and quality has been fine. The sound has also gone off for periods of time on various ITV channels and, at times, there is a strange clicking noise.

The lypsynch can change during a programme and this happens with recorded as well as live programmes.

It is annoying but not so bad if only slightly out of synch. :roll:

evelyn
04-Aug-05, 16:48
We`ve had this problem on freeview quite a lot. You can get the synch back by changing the channel and then quickly flicking back to the one you were watching

Liz
04-Aug-05, 17:52
I tried 'flipping' channels Evelyn but this didn't help.

Thankfully resetting the Default Settings on the box has fixed the problem. :D