PDA

View Full Version : First school photo!

jsherris
01-Sep-07, 23:30
We just got little Leah's first 'School Photo'... well, nursery one anyway!

I sat with her this afternoon & we made this special pic for her photo frame - she's dead chuffed with it too!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t62/jsherris/precious-1.jpg

One thing though.... the scan I did is great when it's HUGE... but when I resize it to be smaller, it goes a bit grainy - should I have the scan resolution on higher or lower???
I'm PC literate usually, but I'm scratching my head here!!!
Julie

orkneylass
02-Sep-07, 12:44
What a lovely pic and what a pretty lass!

jsherris
02-Sep-07, 13:21
Thank you Orkneylass... I'm just grateful for all concerned that we live in modern times - although sometimes I still feel a bit cross that it wasn't picked up any of the scans, still it wouldn't have changed a thing - she was whisked away when she was born & gail was so scared it was because she was a boy! [lol]

Deemac
03-Sep-07, 12:10
I recommend scanning at 72dpi (dot per inch) 800 pixels by X (X = whatever the other dimension of your scan is). Also if you have photoshop or paint shop pro "resample" your hi-res scan down to 800 x "X" These should be fine for forum type postings. (ie low resolution / on-screen viewing only)

jsherris
03-Sep-07, 20:18
Thanks Deemac, I'll give it a go later tonight!
Julie

bluelady
03-Sep-07, 22:18
What a lovely natural pose, it looks like one of those advertising pics. Shes a very bonny girl :)

jsherris
03-Sep-07, 23:53
What a lovely natural pose, it looks like one of those advertising pics. Shes a very bonny girl
I said before, when gail first saw the pic, her first words were... 'Oh! She looks so......CLEAN!' [lol]
Apparently, a lot of the tots were in tears, & not very happy at having their pic taken by a strange guy... not Leah though! She's a natural poser & loves cameras - I gave her my old digital & I have to admit, she takes some cracking pics herself! But yeah, it makes a lovely change to see a school pic taken this way & not in the regulation school pose!