PDA

View Full Version : While I was 'half asleep'!

karia
01-Sep-07, 22:07
Hi folks,

Got up yesterday morning..trying to stay asleep...you know how it goes...catching ANY extra zzz's!:eek:

Got to bathroom..brushed teeth with' Ibuleve' (max strength!) and ran bath.............without putting the plug in.

My mum once fell on her head whilst picking up the mail before being truly awake.

OH is 'eyes open' fully competent!...:roll:

...How are you guys in the morning?

karia

anneoctober
01-Sep-07, 22:16
UUGGGHHH! Karia, ibuleve not even smell nice....:eek:
You know the Dolly Parton song... 9 til 5........ thats me ! [lol]

johno
01-Sep-07, 22:24
believe it or not , eyes open ,jump out of bed, into shower ,teeth cleaned , hand through hair, dressed , bit of breacky and off.[lol]

telfordstar
01-Sep-07, 22:38
im not to bad in the morns either but function alot better after a nice cup of coffee before battling with the kids getting them ready for school/playschool

karia
01-Sep-07, 22:39
UUGGGHHH! Karia, ibuleve not even smell nice....
You know the Dolly Parton song... 9 til 5........ thats me !

Hi anne of the lovely avatar!;)

Well if I had been more awake it would've been Sensodyne sensitive.the tube just to the left!....but fair to say I had no gum pain all day![lol]

Karia

Fluff
01-Sep-07, 22:39
i find it is better for other peoples health if they dont talk to me when i am just up. give me 30 mins, eat breakfast etc..

there has been a couple of times i have walked into the hoover and really hurt my foot! i like my sleep so much, i try to do it while im awake lol

orkneylass
01-Sep-07, 22:44
I'm a lark, not an owl....night night

jsherris
01-Sep-07, 22:46
Wake up sometime between 7 & 8.30... depending on what day it is & if himself is is out early or not.... then it's a daily routine...

quick wee... down to kitchen... coffee.... start waking up... more coffee....
check mail.. check emails... cuppa tea with friend across the way... running 'cos I'm still in me jamas... :eek: then run back again, shower, dressed & if we're lucky, about 11am I'm finally awake! [lol]

karia
01-Sep-07, 22:49
I'm a lark, not an owl....night night

Night night!

Don't feel you need to wake us early, I love larks ...especially the quiet ones!

;)

Karia

mccaugm
01-Sep-07, 22:55
believe it or not , eyes open ,jump out of bed, into shower ,teeth cleaned , hand through hair, dressed , bit of breacky and off.[lol]

Me too...or rather would be if I was not the one making sure everyone else got up. Hubby absolute worst...he would stay in bed ALL DAY if he got the chance....kids not too bad but 16 year old does need a little more encouragement these days.

[evil]

brandy
01-Sep-07, 22:55
omg.. im not tech. alive in the morning.
look at me at your own peril.
speak to me and you will perish *G*
i fall out of bed.. trip over toys on my way to the toilet.
wee holding a three year old who has to have that morning cuddle.. with the only sound that i can make a grunt.. make it back to the bed room with said three year old.. pull him in bed, push hubby over to make room and vegitate until said three year old can lay still no longer, and starts bouncing.. and i get to the point i really cant ignore him anylonger and pretend im still snoozing..
by this time 4 year old is up.. proclaiming he is going to starve before he gets downstairs..
i drag myself out of bed.. stumble down stairs with 4 year old racing past.. 3 year old trying to taking a flying leap..
then for some reason they start to cry at the same time.. WHILE im trying to let the dog out the back, make their breakfast, get their milk.. and set the table.. then some how get everyone dressed fed and out the door clean in less than 30 min.. to make 9:15 playgroup!
ohhh... 9:30 am.. sit down at home... stare blankly for 10 min.. and slowly wake up to start my day!

helenwyler
01-Sep-07, 23:09
Mornings:(!

I get up half an hour earlier than I need to, make coffee (sometimes the butler brings it), back to bed while I lie, eyes half-closed, drinking and spilling the coffee as I drift painfully up through murky layers of unconsciousness...

...then I get up and switch on automatic pilot...brain just doesn't function until the second cuppa:eek:...

karia
01-Sep-07, 23:16
hi helen,

Recognise the pain and murk...but am caffeine sensitive so prefer not to fly at 80mph around the house until I am sure me wings are working!;)

There's no point in rushing into a new day anyhow,....you'll just have to do it all again tomorrow!:D

karia

airdlass
01-Sep-07, 23:19
When the kids were younger I used to like to get up at least an hour before them and have at least two cups of tea and time to myself before getting them up. Still do that although there's no need to now. I'm lucky if I get 4 hours sleep now - less than when the kids were little. Mad or what?

karia
01-Sep-07, 23:28
Hi airdlass,

I think you have a point actually.

When I was really young I didn't mind the sleep>door in 10mins,but as I get older I would rather have a bit of time just to 'faff about'.

'Faffing' is a most under valued skill which I am sure is enjoyed by everyone and practised almost universally!;)

Karia

WeeBurd
02-Sep-07, 00:02
Hi airdlass,

I think you have a point actually.

When I was really young I didn't mind the sleep>door in 10mins,but as I get older I would rather have a bit of time just to 'faff about'.

'Faffing' is a most under valued skill which I am sure is enjoyed by everyone and practised almost universally!;)

Karia

Here, here, although I fear I have a reputation for faffing around a bit too much. I can be up at 6:30am, and still not make a 9:50am appointment :roll:.

NLP
02-Sep-07, 09:43
OH I'm the pits in the morning take ages to come round can get up at 7.30 and not be downstairs until 10.00, thats why toddler days are a nightmare.
Today I got woken (by my 2 year old) at 6.25 and was getting pulled out of bed before 7. just don't do mornings

Thumper
02-Sep-07, 09:50
I am with you airdlass....I have to get up at least half an hour before the kids for their own safety :D Nobody can look or speak to me until I have had a coffee and at least 15 mins to waken up properly!I find it annoying that I am like that tho because I only sleep off and on all night and I am lucky if I get around 5 hours a night, if the kids got up at 4-5am I would be happy enough as I am always wide awke then lol.Once I have my coffee and chill out for a wee while I am in the shower and ready to start the day.Must admit tho that the day gets a lot better once the darlings are off to school x

Alice in Blunderland
02-Sep-07, 09:54

Slick or what Im impressed ;)

Julia
02-Sep-07, 11:22
I once fell asleep with a mouth full of half chewed toast, I was pregnant and very very tired LOL

Margaret M.
02-Sep-07, 15:40

It's easier for men to hop to it in the morning -- they're not confronted with the joy of shaving legs and armpits, blow drying/styling hair, and beautifying with the help of numerous bottles and tubes. I love getting up early but I "faff about" until the last possible minute before tackling the makeover.