PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

TRUCKER
01-Sep-07, 20:23
Went in to the coop tonite and saw that they have advent calanders and selection boxes on sale already. Christmas gets started earlier every year.

rhino
01-Sep-07, 20:28
pets at home have £1 off calanders for next year under xmas headers

Ricco
01-Sep-07, 20:35
Wha hey, Trucker. What did you buy me? :D

mccaugm
01-Sep-07, 21:36
:Razz
Went in to the coop tonite and saw that they have advent calanders and selection boxes on sale already. Christmas gets started earlier every year.

I have spent the best part of today doing my Christmas shopping....get it over with when the shops are not sold out. More time to wrap and send the pressies....sad maybe? Organised definitely?

anneoctober
01-Sep-07, 21:45
Jeepers, I'm only at the halloween/guy fawks party stage. Bring out your pumpkins and guys, ...... get dookin for apples,...... try & catch a treacle scone ......in short..........TRICK or TREAT...... :evil

mccaugm
01-Sep-07, 22:01
Jeepers, I'm only at the halloween/guy fawks party stage. Bring out your pumpkins and guys, ...... get dookin for apples,...... try & catch a treacle scone ......in short..........TRICK or TREAT...... :evil

Do you mean going guising? Never heard of the treacle scone game!

Re my Christmas purchases...I still have 20 birthdays and an anniversary to buy for, before Xmas...so you now see my urgency.

anneoctober
01-Sep-07, 22:13
Do you mean going guising? Never heard of the treacle scone game!

Re my Christmas purchases...I still have 20 birthdays and an anniversary to buy for, before Xmas...so you now see my urgency.
point taken wifie !
treacle scone game : thread through scone & suspend from a line, just above head height then pour over treacle (syrup if you wanna be nice to kids!). Messy faces, hands etc and lots o fun... :lol: getting chased by a treacley/syrupy witch is SCARY......:eek:

telfordstar
01-Sep-07, 22:44
i saw that in the coop tonight as well was that shocked i showd my husband. suprised that the halloween goodies arnt in the shops yet but wait and see now ive mentioned it the shops will start on monday filling thier shelves. on the subjec of xmas i started buying in the january sales and have quite a few gifts ready to go for xmas even got cards and paper and new decorations never been so organised before is scary:D

Thumper
02-Sep-07, 09:58
I used to love the treacle game it was soooo messy!Afterwards it was wise to dook for apples so you could have fun and clean your face at the same time ;) I am still a big kid when it comes to Halloween and I decorate my house for the occasion much to most of my neighbours disgust...they are just jealous tho cos I have lots of cool halloween decs and they don't(don't you just love it when the neighbours try to compete)Bought some new decs the other day and now I am just dying to put them alll up.Christmas as I have said before I used to love but it has been very stressful the last few years for lots of reasons but I do decorate inside and out and I am quite chuffed with the overall display I put on....ever if it does cost a small ransom in lekky every week x

dunderheed
02-Sep-07, 12:12
i saw that in the coop tonight as well was that shocked i showd my husband. suprised that the halloween goodies arnt in the shops yet but wait and see now ive mentioned it the shops will start on monday filling thier shelves. on the subjec of xmas i started buying in the january sales and have quite a few gifts ready to go for xmas even got cards and paper and new decorations never been so organised before is scary:D

you see heres the thing , when it comes to halloween most people pick up there goodies on the week running up to it, hence why there is never any urgency to get the products on sale in stores(well somerfields ) whereas many people like to buy in christmas goodies early , for example we have the large tins of sweeties on special just now , but garuntee christmas eve someone will still be looking for them as a last minute gift

Ash
02-Sep-07, 13:59
i love xmas
i think the best bit is running around like a headless chicken to get everything organised :D

Ricco
02-Sep-07, 15:22
point taken wifie !
treacle scone game : thread through scone & suspend from a line, just above head height then pour over treacle (syrup if you wanna be nice to kids!). Messy faces, hands etc and lots o fun... :lol: getting chased by a treacley/syrupy witch is SCARY......:eek:

Good fun with those split cream buns as well.