PDA

View Full Version : 5yr old driver.

johno
01-Sep-07, 18:20
Read in today,s P & J. Actually i had to read it twice to take it in fully.
A drunk 24 yr old woman from Lafayette Indiana let her 5 yr old son drive her home in her 2002 mitsubishi. Her 3 yr old other son was in the back seat unbelted. She stated that the 5 yr old was a good driver.
Well that just about takes the biscuit. How can anyone be so bloody stupid to say that a 5 yr old was a good driver,let alone let him drive on the highway , only a drunk i suppose. well at least he got them home safely with her sitting stoned in the front passenger seat.

jsherris
01-Sep-07, 18:41
Johno, I hope it was a printing mistake & the lad was 15 & not really 5!!

Unbelievable!

However, this was my taxi driver the other day.... either I'm getting old, or they're getting younger.....

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t62/jsherris/leahdriving.jpg

Just kidding - she's only pretending! ;)

sam
01-Sep-07, 18:48
No, jsherris it wasnt a mistake he was 5 years old

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0830071drive1.html

jsherris
01-Sep-07, 18:57
Good grief, Sam! I'm ... well, I dunno what I am!
And to think I fuss & worry when little Leah comes with me to the local shops & insists on riding her trike :confused

Jeemag_USA
01-Sep-07, 20:18
Read in today,s P & J. Actually i had to read it twice to take it in fully.
A drunk 24 yr old woman from Lafayette Indiana let her 5 yr old son drive her home in her 2002 mitsubishi. Her 3 yr old other son was in the back seat unbelted. She stated that the 5 yr old was a good driver.
Well that just about takes the biscuit. How can anyone be so bloody stupid to say that a 5 yr old was a good driver,let alone let him drive on the highway , only a drunk i suppose. well at least he got them home safely with her sitting stoned in the front passenger seat.

Hey thats about a 40 minute drive from my house, let me check and see if i can find a local news story. Pretty bizaree even for Indiana [lol]

Jeemag_USA
01-Sep-07, 20:25
Here is the story as printed in the local Lafayette Journal and Courier

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070830/NEWS03/708300338/1001/NEWS

Stupid woman!!! :mad:

Ricco
01-Sep-07, 20:37

Unbelievable!

However, this was my taxi driver the other day.... either I'm getting old, or they're getting younger.....

Just kidding - she's only pretending! ;)

Cute picture!

johno
01-Sep-07, 20:38
Here is the story as printed in the local Lafayette Journal and Courier

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070830/NEWS03/708300338/1001/NEWS

Stupid woman!!! :mad:
hey Jeemag you take care over there , you dunno what these youngster,s ll be getting up to next.[lol]

brandy
01-Sep-07, 21:41
what was so sad about it .. was how accepting the kids were..
mommys in jail....
also said that the little boy was upsett that he couldnt drive better as he couldnt reach the petals.
you could tell the grandfather was horrified and just well.. devestated by what had happened and they are letting her sit in jail and NOT bailing her out

Jeemag_USA
01-Sep-07, 21:45
hey Jeemag you take care over there , you dunno what these youngster,s ll be getting up to next.[lol]

Its a terrible story, but there are a lot worse things to watch out for over here, and a lot closer to my house, trust me ;)

anneoctober
01-Sep-07, 21:50

Unbelievable!

Just kidding - she's only pretending!
What a darling cutie pie .:D

jsherris
01-Sep-07, 22:38
Aww shucks Ricco & Anne.... thank you!
I am rather a proud nanny...... mind, she's always been cute in our eyes, but in her first few months, it was hard taking her out - the times I wanted to lash out at people - they can be SO insensitive! It was my daughter's feelings I was trying to protect.
But we managed to smile through it & a couple of times we turned the tables.
Nowadays every 2nd weekend I have her to stay... will miss her when we move though! :(
Anyway, here's a little pic of when she was tiny.... still cute though!
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t62/jsherris/Funnyface.jpg

brandy
01-Sep-07, 23:00
ohh how sweet.. you can see how happy she is.. and even with the cleft she has a georgeous smile!!!
people can be idiots! *grins*
she looks so tiny in the picture!!
makes you want to cuddle her and snuggle all day!!
*sighs* i have to live vicariously though others for my little girl needs! i only make boys!

jsherris
01-Sep-07, 23:11
Brandy, we just got her first nursery school photo... the first thing Gail said when she saw it was: 'Oh, she looks so... CLEAN!'
Haha, she does too!
At the moment, she asks everyone about their 'hanger'... she hasn't got one - they fixed her palate, but never made a hanger for her! I must say, it does look a bit odd! But she loves her baby photos & understands that her face never quite 'joined up properly'!

This is one of the reasons I get SO cross when I see or hear of negligent parents - children should be cherished - and certainly NOT driving at 5 years of age! What next? Oh, let's get little Johnny to chop that tree down... here johnny, take this chainsaw......

johno
02-Sep-07, 09:57
H julie, thats a lovely wee lass you got there. it,s really a credit to the medical profession when you see this kind of work on children.or anyone for
that matter. Ps,get her to keep up with the driving, it suits her , you know by the lovely grin on her face.:cool: And as for being hard to take her out when she was younger that could only be ,becouse of the ignorance of some others.

horseman
02-Sep-07, 10:04
Thanks Julie for a lovely start to the day-both postings were smashing:)

jsherris
02-Sep-07, 13:09
Thanks you guys for the toddler compliments.
You know, every grandparent loves their little ones & we can be quite biased - I think even more so than with our kids!
But yes, the plastic surgeon did a wonderful job with her face - a few more ops to go, but that's ok... we were told a few untruths when she was quite tiny - like she only has 15% hearing... yeah right! Like she could be a little slow educationally - yeah right! Aged 3 & half & counts to 29... then picks it up again from 40... apparently there IS no such thing as 30... :eek:

All in all, I have to say I am extremely proud of her & more than that, I'm proud of her Mum - a single parent (dad went back to oz 2 months before she was born & doesn't even know she was born with this defect!) now living with a guy who is a gentle giant & together they make a lovely family - nice to have a happy ending for a change. :D

Ash
02-Sep-07, 13:57
ur grandaughter is gorgeous!
my wee one was early and was told she would be behind but she certainly isnt! its nice to hear a happy story!:D

Margaret M.
02-Sep-07, 15:21
What a lovely wee girl! I highly respect the doctors who donate time to Operation Smile so that children from families who could never afford such reconstruction can get it for free.