PDA

View Full Version : van morrison playin in inverness

trix
01-Sep-07, 12:56
iv just put doon a deposit for some tickets til see van 'the man' morrison playin in the ironworks in inverness.
he's already sold oot for one gig an he says if he can sell enough tickets he will do a 2nd performance, takin place on the 8th december. will find oot on tuesday if enough tickets hev been sold.
til book a ticket the website is www.ironworksvenue.com (http://www.ironworksvenue.com) phone number is 08717894173

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Sep-07, 17:47
Off to see Van tonight at the Edinburgh Playhouse. Hope he's in a better mood than the last two times I've seen him. Still has, arguably, the finest (white) soul voice in the world.

trix
01-Sep-07, 18:23
i hope ye hev a really good nite, ye'l hev til let me ken how ye get on.
ma pal is doon at it but i couldna get a ticket. wis doon seein him last november tho.
just oot o interest what is yer fave album o his? i just love 'days like these' ifanow, though its ma new favourite. ma auld fave is moondance.

The Pepsi Challenge
02-Sep-07, 07:53
Hmmm... The Belfast Cowboy was in sombre mood last night, Trix. Kept his band intimidated, discarded tunes like empty crisp packets, and sang his heart out. The usual really. In fact, it was pretty much the same set as his last two performances in Edinburgh. Still, it was nice to hear his singing voice again, and the plus point was the Playhouse's clampdown on mobile phone photography, meaning we got to watch the performance in peace, with no fear of distraction.

Not a huge Van Morrison fan, but Astral Weeks - and everything he did with Them - are some of my favourites.

Don't expect any audience participation by the way in Inverness :)

trix
02-Sep-07, 14:49
im gled ye enjoyed it anyway. its funny, most people i ken say astral weeks is their favourite album but i da rate it very high on ma list at all. da get me wrong i do lek it but hes done alot better in ma opinion.

trix
11-Sep-07, 18:23
well guys,
i got ma ticket til see van 'the man' an am so lookin forward til it. roll on december.
thot i better take e auld chile wi me as he treated me til e saw docs in thurso earlier in e year (at disna mean he disna hev til pay for his ticket!!) :lol:

im so excited...hope hes in a better mood than last time i saw him - van i mean, no ma faither) :D but then it disna metter til me, as long as he blasts oot ma auld time faves, am no worried how grumpy he is, s'long as he disna gurn at me!!