PDA

View Full Version : What makes you laugh...???

jsherris
31-Aug-07, 21:50
I mean, REALLY belly-chundering laugh till you cry??

I was brought up with the likes of Norman Wisdom & the art of slapstick - in light of this, I still laugh when I see someone slip on ice, or trip up a kerb..... (yes, I KNOW I should be more grownup & when I regain my composure, I do go & help!) but I can't help it!

Or the times when we play trivial pursuit as a family & my nearly-son-in-law decides to make up his own answers, convinced he's right.... Or the time we played bingo & he covered his card so we couldn't see his numbers- he was convinced we were cheating!

Or when I see a 6.5 stone Basset Hound being chased by a small black cat around the house.... and trying to look pathetic at the same time! [lol]

So... what makes YOU laugh??

bluelady
31-Aug-07, 21:54
My bank manager, need i say more? :lol:[lol]

Lolabelle
Sometimes the Org does,

but other than that, "The Vicar of Dibley" When Alice and Hugo were getting married and she said her mother hadn't started knitting her dress yet! I laughed so much I nearly, I said nearly, wet myself. [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
Threads on the org like the lost sock one or I think it was called something like that....... :eek:

That one had me killing myself but unfortunately it went so off topic it got locked boo hoo :(

corgiman
31-Aug-07, 21:55
my worst was on holiday on a boat trip and a massive man went to sit in a flimsy plastic chair and the thought had just gone through my mind of no wayyy will that chair cope when there was a massive crack and this poor guy was on his back on the deck waving his arms and legs like a turtle on his back. I swear to god I thought I was gonna die laughing, I know it is awful but I honestly just couldn't help it.

footie chick
31-Aug-07, 22:04
[lol]

So... what makes YOU laugh??

Simple answer MY KIDS at times[lol]

jsherris
31-Aug-07, 22:05
Sometimes the Org does,

but other than that, "The Vicar of Dibley" When Alice and Hugo were getting married and she said her mother hadn't started knitting her dress yet! I laughed so much I nearly, I said nearly, wet myself. [lol]

I watched 'The Brain of Dibley' last night - the one where Frank Pickle 'comes out' on Radio!
Hilarious! And I love the jokes at the end too!

At the minute, the best laugh on TV is probably the early rounds of X Factor... classic!

jsherris
31-Aug-07, 22:10
Corgiman - don't you just hate it but love it when that happens! [lol]

I just remembered a very posh 'do' I went to with Mum & Stepdad years ago... this really 'I love me' type walked in & had everyone's attention, oh she thought she was the dogs knees..... anyways... a little later in the evening, she went to the loo... only to emerge with dress tucked into really grey knickers... eeewwww!!!
Well, as a 13 year old, it made me laugh!

corgiman
31-Aug-07, 22:13
I just hate those moments that you KNOW you shouldn't laugh but it just makes it so much worse the more I think I shouldn't the worse I get :eek:

jsherris
31-Aug-07, 22:28
I just hate those moments that you KNOW you shouldn't laugh but it just makes it so much worse the more I think I shouldn't the worse I get
And if the person that caused the laughter is there in front of you, do you say 'oh, I'm really sorry..'.... before starting all over again! [lol]

WeeBurd
31-Aug-07, 22:38
MrBurd stubbing his toe in the doorway this morning... now that made me drop to my knees and cry helplessly with laughter. I know you shouldn't, but when other's do something silly like that, it's just too funny. [lol]. We actually watched it turn purple in front of our very eyes, just like a cartoon - I think he struggled getting his work boots on [lol]...

johno
31-Aug-07, 23:07
i get a real kick out of watching the Keystone cops, Laurel & Hardy,
Ben Turpin. the wife thinks im mad. Oh and i once saw Freddie Starr in a programme about a football match where he was all the players. Elvis in goal with his guitar. Hitler was the ref. i tell you i laughed till my sides were sore.
I just wished i had taped that one.[lol] [lol]

orkneylass
01-Sep-07, 12:18
People who take themselves too seriously! But you usually have to find a discreet place to laugh at them when they can't see you!!!!

nanoo
01-Sep-07, 12:21
yes, freddy starr does it for me as well. Many years ago dave allen had the same affect. I've laughed at many movies as well but if you can get hold of, 'THE MONEY PIT' starring tom hanks and shelley long, you are in for a treat, it is absolutely hilarious. It's one of tom hanks earlier films and in my opinion one of his best. If you love comedy i just know you would love this one. lol [lol]:lol:

paris
01-Sep-07, 12:47
My Best friend Porshiepoo and i used to laugh so much about really silly things but oh my did we laugh. Sometimes we got shouted at by the hubby's for being stupid but that made us worse. BOTH of us have ended up with wet draws with laughing so much. I really miss her now i live in Linc's but still manage to have a laugh over emails. Jan xx:lol:

Highland Laddie
01-Sep-07, 13:57
All the debates on here about Tesco/Asda

Angela
01-Sep-07, 14:09
Johno's jokes! [lol] :lol:

johno
01-Sep-07, 16:50
yes, freddy starr does it for me as well. Many years ago dave allen had the same affect. I've laughed at many movies as well but if you can get hold of, 'THE MONEY PIT' starring tom hanks and shelley long, you are in for a treat, it is absolutely hilarious. It's one of tom hanks earlier films and in my opinion one of his best. If you love comedy i just know you would love this one. lol :lol: i.ll look & see if i can find that on the net for downloading.& copying . :Razz

TRUCKER
01-Sep-07, 20:17
Anything And Everything.

mccaugm
01-Sep-07, 21:55
:lol:Comedy quiz shows....just love em. Of the cuff humour is brilliant. I try to see a comedy show live each year if I can, best thing for stress is a good belly laugh...so laugh your head off....:lol:

floyed
02-Sep-07, 15:15
Ma wee boy, ma other half every time he says "Am only going for 1", outtake tv and you've been framed.
lastly i would have to say ma gud pal Vik, always gee's me something till have a giggle at.:lol: