PDA

View Full Version : Green Boxes.

johno
31-Aug-07, 17:18
. Somebody tell me please. the little green boxes beside how many posts you,ve had, what do they mean. notice that some folk have a few and some other folk have a lot. must mean something. :confused

Thumper
31-Aug-07, 17:30
Johno do you mean your rep boxes underneath how many posts you have made? x

Julia
31-Aug-07, 17:30
It indicates your reputation points, the better rep you have the more green boxes you acquire.

What I would like to know is, why don't posts in the Games & Jokes pages count towards your total?

Bobinovich
31-Aug-07, 17:42
Julia, that's because a person could rack up masses of posts simply participating in the various name games on that thread. When the number of posts thing first appeared it appears there were a few who made it their goal to go for quantity rather than quality [lol]

Angela
31-Aug-07, 17:42
hi Johno, click on User cp, then you'll see on the right hand side of the page, New Subscribed Threads...and just under that...Reputation Received.

It will show you your total number of rep points, and the names of the latest 10 (I think it is) Orgers who have given you reputation, with their comments....:D

That's what makes the green cubes grow!

Hope that helps....

johno
31-Aug-07, 18:11
ok folks, mystery solved. just wondered. thanks to all for the answer. :cool:

trix
31-Aug-07, 21:05
hi Johno, click on User cp, then you'll see on the right hand side of the page, New Subscribed Threads...and just under that...Reputation Received.

It will show you your total number of rep points, and the names of the latest 10 (I think it is) Orgers who have given you reputation, with their comments....:D

ats really cool angela, thanks for at little tip. i hed a look at mine. ats really nice, i didna know what e green things ment either.
so please tell, how do ye make comments aboot ither orgers, how do ye gie them their reputation?
im new til e laptop so am still sussin all iss oot :roll:

sam
31-Aug-07, 21:08
Trix above the green box's you will see an icon like scales click on it and you can then leave rep for someone you can select to leave negative or positive rep

Thumper
31-Aug-07, 21:09
Its easy trix you just click on the scales at the top of their post and that takes you to where you can leave them rep points x

Dadie
31-Aug-07, 21:10
oh i always wondered how to do that.
Didnt want to ask incase i looked silly:lol:

Thumper
31-Aug-07, 21:11
Ooops! sorry sam I posted at the same time as you x

Angela
31-Aug-07, 21:13
We all seem to have to find out the hard way! :(

It might be nice if there was a sticky of some kind about it....? :)

trix
31-Aug-07, 21:36
thanks guys, now i know if i hev any questions i can just ask ye's lot.
i hev got a whole new network o friends goin on here :D
hope ye's all hev a nice weekend. ma mither an faither is awie on holiday an i hev til say that im missin them.
i usually hev a dram wi e auld chile on a friday nite. mi brithers are awie playin in aberdeen all weekend an am feelin a bit lek orphan annie :roll:

karia
31-Aug-07, 21:56
Hi trix,

You've got your org family ..we may be a strange and often shabby crew..but we'll not see you orphaned!;)

Give any one of us a shout and you will likely get a good few replies!

Your designated aunt..Karia!:D

anneoctober
31-Aug-07, 21:56
[quote=trix;265473]thanks guys, now i know if i hev any questions i can just ask ye's lot.
i hev got a whole new network o friends goin on here :D
hope ye's all hev a nice weekend. ma mither an faither is awie on holiday an i hev til say that im missin them.
i usually hev a dram wi e auld chile on a friday nite. mi brithers are awie playin in aberdeen all weekend an am feelin a bit lek orphan annie /quote]
Your amongst friends here Trix, we'll keep you company till ma & pa return and the brothers o course.......;)

trix
31-Aug-07, 23:34
hi guys, just a wee kweek question. i just got a PM fie someone an he disna hev any posts but yet he hes got a green thingie. wot dis at mean??
how can at be??

jsherris
31-Aug-07, 23:47
Trix - I think as new members, we all start with one to get us going.... ;)

trix
31-Aug-07, 23:52
ah what?? i dina think so. i da hink i hed one e ither day.
aw, am i bity gutted aboot at now...:(

Julia
01-Sep-07, 16:23
Julia, that's because a person could rack up masses of posts simply participating in the various name games on that thread. When the number of posts thing first appeared it appears there were a few who made it their goal to go for quantity rather than quality [lol]

Thanks for that, I did wonder if that were the reason, it makes sense not to include those posts.