PDA

View Full Version : Help would be appreciated

singysmum
30-Aug-07, 22:30
This is my first thread on the org as I am a fairly new member. I know you good people are very helpful on this forum so I am asking for help from the people who live in the Reiss area. I am (supposed to be) looking after my friends two dogs and this afternoon took them, with my own, down to the beach at Reiss. One of them them was 'spooked' by another dog owner who did some loud shouting that frightened the poor thing to such an extent that he took off into the sand dunes and we haven't seen him since.
We patrolled the whole beach from the Keiss end back to Reiss - hubby got some very wet feet - but to no avail. He is a cross breed bearded collie called Dougal and is quite wary of people. His coat is quite long and is grey and white. If anybody in that area was to see him would they please ring me on 603095. I don't think it will be possible for anybody to catch him but we have no idea where he is and have had to stop looking tonight as it went dark on us, so any clue as to his whereabouts would be very welcome.
Thank you in advance and also particular thanks to the lady with Bruno who used her own phone to ring the police and then later in the evening came back to look again for Dougal.
Fingers crossed.

connieb19
30-Aug-07, 22:51
I hope you find him soon, do you think he might be able to find his way home?

singysmum
30-Aug-07, 23:02
Thanks Connie. Not sure if he will find his way home as he moved house recently although he may try to go to his old place - we are keeping that place on our list of possibles.

WildChild
30-Aug-07, 23:06
Have you tried ringing Balmore? Someone may have found him and taken him there!

Liz
30-Aug-07, 23:06
I live in Reiss and will most certainly keep an eye out for poor Dougal.:(

Where does he come from just in case he tries to make his way home?He may even try to go back to his old home so worth alerting neighbours in both areas.

It would be worth contacting the Dog Warden to see whether she can help.

Really, really hope you find him soon.

Lolabelle
31-Aug-07, 04:46
You poor thing, that is every dog sitter's nightmare. I hope you find Dougal. Please let us know how you get on???

Alice in Blunderland
31-Aug-07, 06:35
Just bumping you up to the top again. Hope you find the dog let us know. :)

JAWS
31-Aug-07, 06:49
Just a thought but is his owner from that area or is the dog in a strange place?
(Settle down you lot, I mean a place that the dog doesn't know)

johno
31-Aug-07, 08:17
hi, sorry about the dog hope you find him. im sure that you will. have you tried the police or the dog warden. there are a few farms thereabout ,he may have taken shelter there. good luck. if your only looking after him perhaps he may have gone home.??

Thumper
31-Aug-07, 09:55
Hope you find Dougal, I would def give balmore a try because if he was found by somebody and they phoned either balmore or the police thats where he would have been put.As far as I know the police don't keep them at the station infact the last time I found a stray I was asked to bring him in because the police didn't have the manpower but I didn't have a car at the time so they did come and pick the dog up and put it out to Balmore.I really hope the poor thing turns up safe and well.Please let us know how you get on x

singysmum
31-Aug-07, 10:08
Hello folks.

WELL, WE FOUND HIM:D

Went back to the golf club this morning and he was seen in the dunes. Eventually he was spotted hiding in a land drain and let my hubby go to him and get him out. He is fine - covered in burrs and things and very hungry, but surprisingly not too wet considering the weather. Seemed very pleased to be home. Has had good feed and now will be subject to a few hours grooming to get his coat clear. Thanks for all your concern.

Helen

singysmum
31-Aug-07, 10:12
Hello folks,

WE FOUND HIM!! :D

We went back to the golf club and he was seen in the dunes near there. Eventually my husband saw him hiding in aa land drain and was able to get him. He is fine - glad to be home. He is covered in burrs and things and not too wet considering the weather and was hungry. Has had a good feed and soon will get a few hours grooming to clean his coat out.

Thanks for all your concern and good wishes.

Helen

BRIE
31-Aug-07, 10:36
Thats great news!! bet hes glad of his warm bed:D

connieb19
31-Aug-07, 10:40
Glad to hear he's safely home. :)

Thumper
31-Aug-07, 10:42
Glad to hear you found him safe and well!Just spoil him all day and he will soon be back to himself x

Ash
31-Aug-07, 10:46
hey glad you found him safe and sound

lots of treats for the dog:D

WildChild
31-Aug-07, 11:40
Awwhh thats good to hear! :)

Lolabelle
31-Aug-07, 12:13
That is so great, I am glad you found him. :D

Liz
31-Aug-07, 13:15
That is brilliant news!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

I kept thinking of him last night.

What a relief!!

Dadie
31-Aug-07, 19:18
Glad he is back

I guess you wont be letting him off the lead again in a hurry!

A good brush, dinner and a night by the fire and he will be right as rain!

You will take longer to recover though!

balto
31-Aug-07, 20:11
glad you found him they are just like kids really arent they he was probably scared on his own. just glad your story has had a happy ending:D:D

TRUCKER
31-Aug-07, 21:05
Glad u found the dog.