PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Saving

Lolabelle
30-Aug-07, 22:27
Do you have daylight saving in the UK? Clocks 1hr forward.(or is it back, I can never remember )
If you do, how long does it last, ie ~ May - Sept???
And do you like it?

We have it here, it is looming....
I don't like it as the days are getting longer and the sun is up earlier, we then get daylight saving and all of a sudden it isn't light till 6.30, 7am again. I hate that! [evil]

Anne x
30-Aug-07, 22:34
Hiya lolabelle I sound like my mother quote oh my gosh days are getting shorter and the nights fairly drawing in a quote I once said I would never repeat but they are getting shorter !!!!

gosh I hate that pc !!!!

karia
30-Aug-07, 22:42
Hi Lollabelle,

I have one of these 'dinky wee lights' that switch themselves on at 'dusk' and off at 'dawn'!

Great in theory...but it doesn't register daylight until well after lunchtime...and it likes to sleep late (with a nightlight!):roll:

I really like its 'foibles'..it's like an electrical and somewhat neurotic,. illuminated pet...totally beyond reason!:eek:

pass me the alarm clock!

Karia

rockchick
30-Aug-07, 22:42
"Spring forward...fall back"

It goes from April to October. I'm not really bothered by it - just amused by the changes it makes in my morning commute.

Lolabelle
30-Aug-07, 23:26
Ok, well that explains why I thought at one stage that the UK were 11 hours behind us and at the moment you are only 9.
That is one good thing, I can attend the quiz and 7.30am instead of 5.30am. :Razz

Niall Fernie
31-Aug-07, 08:46
The clock at the top of the page should always show you what time it is in Caithness (and the rest of the UK). Currently we're on British Summer Time (BST at the right of the clock) but we switch back to GMT on the last Sunday of October.

Lolabelle
31-Aug-07, 11:07
The clock at the top of the page should always show you what time it is in Caithness (and the rest of the UK). Currently we're on British Summer Time (BST at the right of the clock) but we switch back to GMT on the last Sunday of October.

Thanks for that, I though BST was like our EST, which stands for Eastern Standard Time. In WA it is about 4 hours behind us, so in between there is varying times from east to west.