PDA

View Full Version : Best outside Caithness band

spittalpunks
18-Feb-03, 19:03
Rakes of bands have played up here so who da ya reckon is the best non Caithness act?????????????

mike.mckenzie
18-Feb-03, 20:23
Bueller - 'nuff said!!

Going back in the studio soon so we will have a full album with our big fat new sound! :eek:

David Banks
30-May-09, 20:11
Magnus Haze

the_big_mac
31-May-09, 02:20
Metallica for me, think there lethal. I realy wish Cardosi would get them for a Sunday avo in tj's. I think thats a reasonable request.

;)

buddyrich
31-May-09, 17:37
Magnum in the assembly rooms many years ago.

Or Dodgy! Mind when the drummer showed up with a fugazi line-up and they played in the viewfirth? Im sure pepsichallenge has some select memories of that evening.

Douglas Cowie
01-Jun-09, 16:37
JSD Band
Frankie Miller
The B Stiff Tour with:
Lena Lovich
Wreckless Eric
Rachel Sweet
The Records
Mickey Jupp

Saw them all at the Assembly Rooms

Before my time but the Yardbirds and the Hollies have both played Wick, would to have loved to see them. My Mum got Graham Nash's autograph when he came into the newagents she was working in, not long after he went to the States to form Crosby, Stills Nash and Young.

hotrod4
02-Jun-09, 10:08
Seen D-mob(Acieeeeeed) in Dover a number of years ago with Steve wright and sid the manager!!!!!!
Obscure or what![lol]

Green_not_greed
12-Jun-09, 13:26
Del Amitri in Wick Assembly Rooms (1992) were really good. So was Martin Taylor - Thurso Mill Theatre.

Bands aside, Billy Connolly was absolutely brilliant in the Assembly Rooms, can't remember the year - mid 80's.....?

GNG

Blast!
13-Jun-09, 16:20
Snow Patrol played Skinandis about 7 years ago didn't they?

Kenneth
14-Jun-09, 12:14
And were apparently booed off, not sure about that though

Biffy Clyro asked to play up here once I am led to beleive!

Blast!
14-Jun-09, 13:27
Biffy Clyro asked to play up here once I am led to beleive!

It's about their level to be fair...

zebedy
14-Jun-09, 14:30
It's about their level to be fair...

:confused and you post in a music forum lol

and aye they did Kenneth, Cardosi turned them down so they went and played Orkney instead. :cool:

Blast!
14-Jun-09, 16:27
:confused and you post in a music forum lol

and aye they did Kenneth, Cardosi turned them down so they went and played Orkney instead. :cool:

:D

How long ago was this anyway? I'm not fan on Biffy Clyro by any stretch of the imagination but I'm sure they'd be able to sell out a night in Skinandis.

Jeid
14-Jun-09, 20:26
Before many people knew of them tbh

Thundercrack
15-Jun-09, 14:07
Aye, they did, briefly! As I recall, they seemed disgusted at the lack of audience and audience response, played 3 or 4 songs, upended the drumkit (rok'n'roll!) and petulantly left the stage. Impressed I, for one, wasn't! We were offered a refund along with apologies from the promoters. Without doubt the most disappointing band I've seen up here.
Much better were (no particular order) Echo and the Bunnymen, Teenage Fanclub, Frankie Miller and, more recently, Barrere and Tackett of Little Feat.

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Jun-09, 17:36
Before many people knew of them tbh

Played a couple of shows with Biffy back in the late 90s, Tuts, Sleazys and the like. Nice lads.

Jeid
15-Jun-09, 21:45
TheBoss tells me they supported BC in Aberdeen once... crazy eh?

theboss
16-Jun-09, 15:52
TheBoss tells me they supported BC in Aberdeen once... crazy eh?

Think that was in '99 or 2000. Can't quite remember. It was in the Lemon Tree. Biffy opened, Buddha Crush followed and Annie Christian headlined. Wasn't a bad gig from what I remember.

celtic1888
19-Jun-09, 12:09
Sergeant that played in the assembly rooms in wick in febuary this year, they were amazing, all for a good cause also. And i hear they are coming back up this summer for another gig in the assembly rooms. :)

Tinkerbell09
19-Jun-09, 13:50
Sergeant that played in the assembly rooms in wick in febuary this year, they were amazing, all for a good cause also. And i hear they are coming back up this summer for another gig in the assembly rooms. :)

I second that! They were fantastic! would defo go see them again.

David Banks
04-Jul-09, 21:45
Magnus Haze

Find them on Facebook or MySpace