PDA

View Full Version : help needed with locating automotive tyres...

justine
29-Aug-07, 16:45
does any know of someone near or in wick that can help us with a problem. We are trying to trace a spare wheel 185 x 14in 4 stud wheel for a renault trafic van..We have looked everywhere onthe van and cannot locate the spare wheel, so we are assuming that it has not got one. Cant afford to buy new so are looking for a used one in good condition.Any help with this would be great as we want to get her in for an mot a.s.a.p so we can get the kids out and about...Thanks in advance...:lol:

NickInTheNorth
29-Aug-07, 16:55
The presence or absence of a spare is not part of the MOT - nor is the condition of the spare if it is present. (But it is a good thing to have anyway!)

footie chick
29-Aug-07, 16:58
Overton Aberdeen deliver to Thurso 01224 722354 they have loads of spare and second hand parts you might be lucky

johno
29-Aug-07, 17:33
does any know of someone near or in wick that can help us with a problem. We are trying to trace a spare wheel 185 x 14in 4 stud wheel for a renault trafic van..We have looked everywhere onthe van and cannot locate the spare wheel, so we are assuming that it has not got one. Cant afford to buy new so are looking for a used one in good condition.Any help with this would be great as we want to get her in for an mot a.s.a.p so we can get the kids out and about...Thanks in advance...:lol:
hi Justine, Nick is absolutely correct. the mot do,est require a spare nor do,es the spares condition apply. did you look under the floor, your spare may be there, and, ps it may not be.

justine
29-Aug-07, 17:36
cheers lads...Yes johno we have checked under the floor and their is no sign of a spare anywhere.. I am glad that it is not part of the mot, but i would hate to go all the way through to reay and get a flat on the way and not have a spare...that wouldbe disasterous....Will keep trying...

Sairheed
29-Aug-07, 18:14
I have memories of a Renault Trafic van - is my memory playing tricks or is the spare in the engine compartment i.e under bonnet?

EDDIE
29-Aug-07, 19:16
Well i have a renault master and the spare wheel is fixed inside the back of the van Im pritty sure the renault traffic spare wheel is located at the rear of the van underneath the van.
If the wheel is missing and u dont want to fork out on ather wheel u can buy aerisol cans that inflates the tyre and seals the whole until u get to a garage.

Whitewater
29-Aug-07, 19:22
Some cars/vans had the spare whell located underneath the boot on the outside. There was a bolt sunk on the floor of the boot which you fitted the wheel brace onto and lowered it down.

iain
29-Aug-07, 19:24
What age is your van?Will look at a scrapper before i come over tomorrow if its an older one.

justine
29-Aug-07, 20:47
there is no wheel anwhere to be found on this one. I think it has been removed....we will trace a wheel..Tanks for your help ...

justine
04-Sep-07, 10:56
just bringing this back up as we are still trying to trace a spare wheel...If anyone has any information on who owns the two vans that are parked up at the taxi place at the airport.I know they are for scrap but cannot find out who owns them...Help would be appreciated as we would like to take the kids out for the weekend but dont want to chance it with no spare..Have tried all the breakers yards that i can think of and no luck there...Pm if you have any info that can help. Cheers...

justine
04-Sep-07, 12:17
Its ok guys. Have managed to get hold of a wheel for our van, so we ok for the kids..Thanks for the info help..