PDA

View Full Version : online dvd rentals

telfordstar
28-Aug-07, 20:01
has anyone used this was looking at deals by the likes of i love film and other stores that do online rentals u just pick and they post has anyone used thi service if so what like is it?

Geo
28-Aug-07, 20:44
I've used Lovefilm and Screenselect. They both worked very well, sending out DVDs promptly. Make sure you get a free certificate of posting from the Post Office when returning DVDs so you can prove you posted them, in case they get lost.

If you take up one of their trial offers make sure you get the DVDs back before the end of the trial or they will charge a month. So if the trial is 14 days make sure the DVDs are posted in time to get back on the 14th day. Unless of course you are staying with the service!

telfordstar
28-Aug-07, 20:47
thanks geo we were seriously thinking about giving it a try see how we got on with it all are they quite quick at posting out once youve picked a dvd:)

Anne x
28-Aug-07, 20:49
Tesco dare I say it do a good one I myself have not joined but younger ,members of the family have they have had dvds home on a weekend visit viewed them and posted them back next day to be issued with the next dvd on list

Geo
28-Aug-07, 20:57
Yes I found them very quick. What you do is make a list of at least 10 DVDs you want to see and you can choose the the priority for which you want first. As soon as they receive the previous one/s back they send the next one/s. I found from posting the old ones back to receiving the next lot was sually 3/4 day turnaround.

telfordstar
28-Aug-07, 21:05
thank you Anne will look at tescos website see what like a deal they have as well better to shop around. thanks geo that was quite suprising i though it wuld be like a week or more im getting tempted to give it a go

nanoo
28-Aug-07, 21:45
Hi telfordstar, my other half has bean with love films for a while now and always found them excellent. I think he gets 3 at a time an averages about six a week. He is really only interested in older films so he is happy with them. I also know a lad that finished with them because he wanted new releases all the time and was'nt prepaired to wait for them, he wanted them on their first week of release but there is a booking procedure for that and you have to wait your turn. If you don't mind waiting for your turn or if you like older films, then it is a good company to be with. I agree with geo as well, we always get a proof of posting(costs nothing) and we've never had a problem. Good luck.

Green_not_greed
29-Aug-07, 13:27
Hi

I've been with LoveFilm.com for months now and am very happy with their service. Postage to/from their HQ in Peterborough is very fast (usually within a day from here in Caithness) and so the Post Office help tremendously.

:D

marlyn
29-Aug-07, 13:46
we used Amazon online dvd rental and they were great too, really quick delivery.

KILTIECAULDBUM
29-Aug-07, 16:32
has anyone used this was looking at deals by the likes of i love film and other stores that do online rentals u just pick and they post has anyone used thi service if so what like is it?

Hi there. I use Lovefilm myself & can't fault them.
I managed to get a 3 MONTH FREE TRIAL too.
Here is a list of the voucher codes if you want to get the free trial too. Some might be old codes, so just try them 1 at a time till you get the current one that works!! Just type them in at the registration stage where it asks for voucher codes. You will also be asked for credit card details, but this is the norm & it won't be charged unless you decide to stay with them after the 3 months.

Enjoy.

CHCQEYY8B or 939QHMGTY or zzlflta or LFXX98763 or EPAL3M4 or epal3m6 or LVAL2M4 or LFZZ98762 or LFZZ98765 or LVAL2M4 or epal3m6

telfordstar
30-Aug-07, 11:17
thanks kildicauldrum thats so nice of you will give them a try see what i can get from them defo going to give it a try theres a few good films coing out for rent soon

telfordstar
30-Aug-07, 14:07
Hi there. I use Lovefilm myself & can't fault them.
I managed to get a 3 MONTH FREE TRIAL too.
Here is a list of the voucher codes if you want to get the free trial too. Some might be old codes, so just try them 1 at a time till you get the current one that works!! Just type them in at the registration stage where it asks for voucher codes. You will also be asked for credit card details, but this is the norm & it won't be charged unless you decide to stay with them after the 3 months.

Enjoy.

CHCQEYY8B or 939QHMGTY or zzlflta or LFXX98763 or EPAL3M4 or epal3m6 or LVAL2M4 or LFZZ98762 or LFZZ98765 or LVAL2M4 or epal3m6

wow just got a 3 month trial using one of the codes thanks alot gettin my list organised as we speak cheers again x

crustyroll
30-Aug-07, 23:05
I've used Love Film, Screen Select and Tescos and if you look closely you'll find that ALL of them actually now come from Peterborough under Love Film. It's only the terms and conditions and price that varies between them all.

As stated if you like older films turnaround is really quick and it's easy to get 6 films a week, you'll have more of a problem finding the time to watch them all :lol:

If you decide to stay with them keep an eye out for the '10 movies on list' quota as if you drop to say 12 and 2 of them are in your 'reserved for due date release' these wont be counted. As soon as you drop to 10 or almost 10 they don't send any films out!!!! They don't take any of the 10 films on your list, you must add more to get films sent out. Hopefully this makes sense but overall they are good company. Oh, another point, if you decide to cancel after a few months they give you the option of freezing your account, sounds good until you realise that they want to charge you a £1 a week just to keep your current lists and you can only freeze it for up to 60 days.

telfordstar
31-Aug-07, 13:29
Thanks for that crusty roll i picked 10 and then a few pre order ones as thier is good ones coming out in oct/nov time think id better go and bump my list up better do it b4 my husband trys and puts what he calls "classics" on the list hahaha

KILTIECAULDBUM
31-Aug-07, 18:52
They must have changed their rules!! I had only 3 films left on my list & they have just sent them all out to me leaving my list at 'zero'?
Also telfordstar, during your trial period don't be afraid to take the full '3 DVDS AT HOME' package. This way you can get 3 dvds at a time for free, but you can still change it to '1 dvd at home' if you decide to stay with them after the trial. Just make sure you have sent your 3 dvds back before the trial runs out!!