PDA

View Full Version : Massed Pipe band

watman
28-Aug-07, 16:49
What an excellent night we had at the massed pipeband on Fri. The performances from all were first class. One thing that did annoy me was the lack of any public toilets open. Having young children with us, i made my way down to the public toilets half way through the entertainment to find that they were closed. I ended up being forced into buying a chinese takeaway just so i could get a toilet for my kids. Surely during large public events like this there should be a provision for public toilets.

silversurfer
28-Aug-07, 17:31
Hi - I am a member of Thurso Pipe Band and we are delighted you enjoyed the evening. After you run a big event like this it is always a good time to take stock of what worked, what didn't and what we can improve for next year. Rest assured your comment about the toilets is noted and hopefully we can ensure toilets are available next year. Thanks.

Anyone else with feedback, good or bad - feel free. It's the only way we can improve.

kas
28-Aug-07, 18:26
I thought it was an excellent night, it was just a shame it was so cold and a lot of people had gone home by the time the bands performed together at the end.

I was really impressed by the junior band, they were brilliant. Very smart and you would never have known it was youngsters if you were not seeing them.

There were a lot of people with cameras so if anyone has good photos post them here please. I took some but they were not great as we did not have a good view at the start and it was too dark for my camera by the time we got a good vantage point.

Well done to everyone involved.

Andrew C
06-Sep-07, 00:26
I see that the Wick massed bands is this Saturday...worth going to?

TRUCKER
06-Sep-07, 05:59
yes it will be it is normally a good nite.

Julia
06-Sep-07, 08:30
Most definitely worth a trip to! Is it at the Riverside does anyone know?

philupmaboug
06-Sep-07, 08:56
Enjoyed the evening in Thurso but it would have been nicer if all the bands had taken the time to march up the full lenth of the street whilst playing as the ones at the top missed out a little. Juniors were excellent and did manage the walk.....must be youth on thier side ;-)

Andrew C
06-Sep-07, 09:33
Most definitely worth a trip to! Is it at the Riverside does anyone know?

Its in Wick Market Square

Julia
06-Sep-07, 10:41
Its in Wick Market Square

Thanks Andrew! I've only seen the banner across Bridge St and it didn't say.

engiebenjy
06-Sep-07, 11:10
Is this the one the Red Hot Chilli Pipers are playing at? Or are they just at the ceilidh later?

Mr P Cannop
06-Sep-07, 21:14
bump it up