PDA

View Full Version : Jobs For Youngsters

zebedy
27-Aug-07, 22:02
What Sorta Jobs can a young chap of 17 get in thurso?
That doesnt involve waitering! ( did that for 2 years never again )

help zebedy out

EDDIE
27-Aug-07, 22:47
if i was u i would go to college get qualified to do a decent paying occupation if your living at home with your parents thats the time to do it rather than doing it 10 15 years down the road lot harder to do

zebedy
27-Aug-07, 22:50
still in 6th year
part time jobs

golach
27-Aug-07, 22:53
What qualifications do you have? What skills can you offer a potential employer? You need to sell your self these days to employers, or they are not interested.

johno
27-Aug-07, 23:01
zebedy, stay on at school ,take as many qualifications as you can possibly get.
education, education. education.

BRIE
28-Aug-07, 12:25
depends how desperate you are to work. if you want the money that bad you will do anything! my son works two days after school & all day saturday hes not keen on his job but he does it cos he wants the money .
try shop work at the weekend coop,etc. usher at the cinema, glass collector at the pubs,plenty of cleaning jobs.

lady penelope
28-Aug-07, 19:11
Tesco are taking over a store in Thurso. Open by Christmas:D

mccaugm
28-Aug-07, 20:13
Tesco are taking over a store in Thurso. Open by Christmas:D

As I was scrolling down - the same thought occured to me.

Type up your C.V - photocopy it with a neatly written covering letter and hand it in to as many shops etc as you can. Employers will appreciate you using your initiative.

Fluff
28-Aug-07, 20:49
when i was in 6th year, somone else in my year had a job at a bakers. he was alittle tired (did all the work in the mornings) but it left his evenings free to do as he wanted.

mareng
29-Aug-07, 05:48
It's only two months since this thread was first submitted...............

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=27381

moncur
29-Aug-07, 13:08
Pennyland Service Station was looking for staff last time i was in. Really good place to work at. One of the best employers I've had so far in my opinion.

zebedy
29-Aug-07, 20:33
like were ure cumin from moncur

do u know if carol cox still owns it

or does anyone for that matter

buggyracer
29-Aug-07, 20:37
IM 99% sur he still does.

zebedy
29-Aug-07, 20:41
awesome cheers buggy dude