PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning out the guttering

mccaugm
27-Aug-07, 20:02
Does anyone know who will clean out the guttering around our house?

We seem to have as many things growing there as there are in our garden. LOL!;)

Thanks for any help given...

Ricco
27-Aug-07, 20:25
Its easy - all you need is a ladder, a broom and a trowel. Get up the ladder, use the broom to pull stuff towards you a,d then trowel it into a bucket (that you can tie to the rungs) or heave it onto the patio/path/grass for clearing up later.

mccaugm
27-Aug-07, 20:50
[quote=Ricco;263144]Its easy - all you need is a ladder, a broom and a trowel. Get up the ladder, use the broom to pull stuff towards you a,d then trowel it into a bucket (that you can tie to the rungs) or heave it onto the patio/path/grass for clearing up later.[/quote

Thanks, but would rather pay someone to do it for me. Not keen on ladders and hubby has just knackered his back fixing the car.

anneoctober
27-Aug-07, 20:58
[quote=Ricco;263144]Its easy - all you need is a ladder, a broom and a trowel. Get up the ladder, use the broom to pull stuff towards you a,d then trowel it into a bucket (that you can tie to the rungs) or heave it onto the patio/path/grass for clearing up later.[/quote

Thanks, but would rather pay someone to do it for me. Not keen on ladders and hubby has just knackered his back fixing the car.
A girl after my own heart !:lol: Contact neepnipper, her hubby does it, - he's viewing our rooftop garden tomorrow !! ;)

neepnipper
27-Aug-07, 21:56
Hi - give us a call 01955 631733, hubbie's in Halkirk in the morning so he may be able to do it then.

gem1982
29-Aug-07, 00:51
I have a guy coming tomorrow to remove the moss etc from roof and do guttering then treat the roof - once its treated it last for years so should be moss free for a while! I dont know his name but can tell you tomorrow if you are interested pm me

paris
29-Aug-07, 08:20
Porshiepoos hubby im sure can also help out if hes not to busy, hes a roofer. jan x

mccaugm
29-Aug-07, 10:37
Thanks to everyone for their assistance. NeeNippers hubbie did the guttering, nice to know my garden is now back on the ground instead of in the guttering. LOL!.:Razz

JimH
29-Aug-07, 23:20
how on earth did he "Knacker" his back working on a car??

mccaugm
30-Aug-07, 17:01
His back is dodgy at the best of times, so lying down looking at something under the car put it out. He was at the Osteopath yesterday and is in even more pain..."No Pain No Gain" as I sympathetically told him. He has to go again next week, poor wee lamb.