PDA

View Full Version : news of the world

bluelady
26-Aug-07, 22:15
Did anyone read page 27 of The News of the World today re the girl in Wick and the Paedo getting her on a mobile chat line. Are any kids safe these days :(

laguna2
26-Aug-07, 22:43
I am afraid that the short answer to that bluelady is "no"!

EDDIE
26-Aug-07, 22:47
Anotherthing as well what a lot of people dont relise is the bebo sights used by young people if you do a google search and put the person name then bebo then area were they live a vast majorty of people on bebo shows up in the search and u can instantly view there file try it a lot of people that use bebo dont make there sight private

bluelady
26-Aug-07, 23:57
I looked and agree with you Eddie. From my kitchen window I can see young bairns playing out in e park, sometimes they are on their own, or a couple of 5 - 6 years old. if im cooking/cleaning etc, I keep a discreet eye on them, but im not alaways there. It worries me that men like this are beginning to target these remote areas, parents here need to be more alert, its not as safe as it used to be. when I lived down south, my daughter and a group of friends were walking down e village shop. a man stopped in a car,got out and tried to drag one of them in his car. They all started pulling her back and shouted for help and luckily, one of the girls parents happened to be on her way to the shop and with a bit of a struggle, managed to get her free and he shot off. Dispite evidence, discription etc, we were never sure if he got caught as his number plate was not observed. But if that adult hadnt come on e scene, imagine the consequences. And this in a community where we watched out for one another and thought was a safe place to live. When i first come here, people used to laugh at me for locking my car, house and being careful and i got into the habit of not doing it. Then one day my husband found a woman in our house, she said she was looking for someone, but some things had gone missing, now we are back to being security conscious.Its so so sad

Julia
27-Aug-07, 14:52
Anotherthing as well what a lot of people dont relise is the bebo sights used by young people if you do a google search and put the person name then bebo then area were they live a vast majorty of people on bebo shows up in the search and u can instantly view there file try it a lot of people that use bebo dont make there sight private

Now this is scary!, I just googled my name +bebo and it came back with a 17 year old Julia, all her details were there including her email address, she even mentions her school which I also googled and I found the address within seconds, oh and there is a picture of her as well!