PDA

View Full Version : merry christmas

south view 7
26-Aug-07, 20:12
Thought i would be first to wish you all A Merry Christmas as i saw my first christmas add. on t v today (it was for the studio catalogue)is this a new record for early christmas.

jsherris
26-Aug-07, 20:16
:eek:

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I got a xmas email promoting xmas parties from Blackpool Pleasure Beach...

I need a small island a long way away from everywhere for a few months.....
I'm all 'worlded' out! [lol]

sam
26-Aug-07, 20:21
isnt it usually September that all the shops start stocking up with christmas stuff:eek:
mind you it is only 121 days to christmas :roll:

Alice in Blunderland
26-Aug-07, 20:56
OOOOhhh NNNOooo dont say these things I cant cope with the aproach of Christmas as well as everything else. Let me see house build, wedding plans, ( well blessing we ran away and got married ) 40th, and hubby coming home to start his new job.... thats all I need A bearded man in a red suit threatening to arrive with a sack load of boxes.....[lol]

lady penelope
26-Aug-07, 21:01
I think I'll put the christmas tree up:)
Our family LOVE christmas there are lots of their birthdays at christmas.

scorrie
26-Aug-07, 21:52
Thought i would be first to wish you all A Merry Christmas as i saw my first christmas add. on t v today (it was for the studio catalogue)is this a new record for early christmas.

Your way behind!! The satellite TV shopping channels have had a "Christmas in July" promotion going for a few years now. I used to find it a bit odd with them trotting out the Giant Santa decorations and cheesy musical ornaments in July but with the weather we have been having this summer I found myself throwing another yule log on the fire and curling up on the couch with a blanket and a cup of ovaltine. Yo ho ho!!

northener
26-Aug-07, 21:59

Sod off....

NickInTheNorth
26-Aug-07, 22:00
I HATE the whole commercial Christmas, the way it is rammed down everyones throats. As far as I am concerned it is a small insignificant Christian festival that ought to be played down, Rather than the huge excuse for rampant greed which is how it manifests itself now.

Can't wait for the whole debacle to be done for another year!

binbob
26-Aug-07, 22:23
anyone know who has easter eggs for sale.............hate christmas....not even had halloween..

Torvaig
26-Aug-07, 22:25
The charity shops have had them here for a few weeks now.......luckily I don't need any!

Dadie
26-Aug-07, 22:27
im not thinking about it until at least until my birthday has passed..its in November...then i will have to force myself to make a list of people and pressies then go shopping..by the time it comes around i feel a bit jaded by it though!!

Jeid
26-Aug-07, 23:15
I've been counting down since December 26th...

I hate Christmas :D

laguna2
26-Aug-07, 23:17
I don't hate Christmas - I just don't like the idea of starting to think about prssie in July! There is more to Christmas than pressies - I think we have forgotten what it is all about!

Wizzbang
26-Aug-07, 23:47
Managed to be working offshore this Christmas and New year I will be back after all the fuss has gone ....yippee

bluelady
26-Aug-07, 23:59
ah ha, so e big shops will be putting up e Easter eggs soon then [lol]

robynaus
27-Aug-07, 01:32
isnt it usually September that all the shops start stocking up with christmas stuff:eek:
mind you it is only 121 days to christmas :roll:

Hang on Sam it's september in 4 days

mccaugm
27-Aug-07, 10:31
I love Christmas - I start planning in September so its easier on the old pocket. Cards are usually bought and written by October and by my birthday in November most of the presents are wrapped. SAD I know..but its the way I like it.
My youngest son will be 3 and I cannot wait for him to open his pressies. I get super sensitive by 1st December, any sad things happening in the world make me blub. I must be a big softie.
Bring it on! I say..."A Merry Christmas" to all you Christmas lovers and Big "Bah Humbug" to all of you not touched with the Christmas spirit yet.

dunderheed
27-Aug-07, 16:25
somerfields christmas stock will be on display by the end of this week

Dadie
27-Aug-07, 21:32
yup it will be fun watching Lauren play with the wrapping paper and dad wrestle with the packaging and inserting batteries in her toys..Lauren crying at santa (men with beards are super scary at the moment) cooking dinner..not wanting it when its done.. mad friday..

AARrrggHH

to early to think about yet!!

karia
27-Aug-07, 21:42
I think I'll put the christmas tree up:)
Our family LOVE christmas there are lots of their birthdays at christmas.

Sod off....

Yup,..we have loadsa xmas babies in our house so...

northener...Please spend Xmas with us...we have just the lampshade!

Its not 'your lampshade'...but it's a very nice lampshade!;)

Karia

SNOWDOG
27-Aug-07, 21:48
Aye, wont be long before Toymaster have their countdown sign out front!

Alice in Blunderland
27-Aug-07, 22:06
Aye, wont be long before Toymaster have their countdown sign out front!
I sooo hate that blackboard it sends a shiver up my spine when I see it on the street....... :eek:

karia
27-Aug-07, 22:16
Hi Alice,

Do they really do a countdown ?:roll:

Talk about mercenary....Parents have no chance!

I suppose that blindfolds might compromise their human rights.;)

Damn and blast!

karia

Big Jean
28-Aug-07, 00:34
Have to say I don't like winter, too cold, and don't like the snow, too much shovelling, but on the other hand I love Christmas trees, Christmas lights and all the decorations, and am sad when they have to be taken down .
Might not like to see the adverts and merchandise quite this early, and they do seem to be shown earlier and earlier every year, but as far as the decorating goes .... it's never too early for me !

Thumper
28-Aug-07, 11:26
I used to love xmas but I now find it a bit "same old, same old".My kids of course love it but after one day half the stuff they have been given is lying about unused and the rest is still trying to find a "home" to put it in!I would love to be able to just go away for xmas but with Santa still coming to our house that isn't really an option yet.I spend all of December making sure that evrything is just perfect and then usually something totally out of the blue happens to put a dampener on things like illness,accident,etc!At the end of the day though it is only one day and who you spend it with makes all the difference x

Alice in Blunderland
28-Aug-07, 22:34
Hi Alice,

Do they really do a countdown ?
Talk about mercenary....Parents have no chance!

karia

They do , oh they do, and for a laugh this year I think I will take a piece of chalk with me and add on a few days :eek:

But then again they will probably laugh and think thats a few extra days to make some more money :confused

dunderheed
28-Aug-07, 23:05
I've been counting down since December 26th...

I hate Christmas :D

jeid you still doing this??
you did this years ago when you worked with me in safeways

footie chick
29-Aug-07, 11:59
somerfields christmas stock will be on display by the end of this week

The Co-op in Wick had advent calenders and selection boxes on sale yesterday :eek:

Angela
29-Aug-07, 12:03
Rather than hurtling from "summer" to Christmas, wouldn't it be nice to have "autumn" first? :confused

dunderheed
29-Aug-07, 12:30
angela , wouldnt it be nice for a summer too ?

Angela
29-Aug-07, 13:05
angela , wouldnt it be nice for a summer too ?

Wouldn't it just! Given up hope of that now, dunderheed....but I would like "something" between now and Christmas....autumn colours, bonfires, conkers, Hallowe'en, and my birthday! ;)

NLP
29-Aug-07, 13:54
I have started buying my christmas presents this week, hit the sales in Argos. and Tesco's,:lol: but bear in mind I'm late starting this year.

dunderheed
29-Aug-07, 14:03
my sister does hers in january , its amazing how cheap you can pick up wrapping paper and cards in january

Dadie
29-Aug-07, 20:13
if i buy cards and wrapping paper in january come december i cant find them along with the sellotape..there must be a fairy hiding them somewhere along with the odd socks in my house!