PDA

View Full Version : Newton Faulkner

Fluff
26-Aug-07, 14:32
Just listening to his album 'Hand built by robots' now. very good.

Anyone one else heard it?

The Pepsi Challenge
26-Aug-07, 15:17
Aye. Quite like his quirky guitar playing, however the world does not need another Snow Patrol. Nice album cover, though.

Jeid
26-Aug-07, 17:30
I'm pretty confident the world doesn't need one Snow Patrol ;)

WildChild
26-Aug-07, 19:25
Just been listening to him on the radio lol thought he was very good lol liked him so much may just buy his album :D One mans meat and all that stuff :Razz

theboysintheband
26-Aug-07, 22:36
The single bugs me, really really bugs me...but thats not to say all his stuff will.

WeeBurd
26-Aug-07, 22:54
We were having this very conversation earlier tonight... MrBurd thinks NF is great; I think he's harmless enough but it's no really my cup 'o' tea ;).

Fluff
27-Aug-07, 09:59
i liked his album. couldnt listen to it all the time, only when the mood takes me.
i did think the song UFO was quite funny though..

K dragon
31-Aug-07, 22:03
love the album. been a fan since his first ep in london, in 2002

cullbucket
05-Sep-07, 19:53
Never heard of Newton Faulkner - is that Kenny Faulkner's stage name?

Snarfer
05-Sep-07, 22:22
I think Newton Faulkner is fantastic. wouldn't compare him with snowpatrol though he's more like Jack Johnson.

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Sep-07, 07:35
As the dude above me rightly says, he's yet another whimsical, deep-edgy-and-meaningful songwriter for those who like Johnson, James Blunt, David Gray, Ray Lamontagne, etc. You know, the types who file M People under Soul in their music collections.

Metalattakk
09-Sep-07, 11:47
Damn, I thought this was John Newton and Kenny Faulkner getting an acoustic duo on the go. I can imagine them on bar-stools playing Mary Hopkins numbers.

♪♫ "Those were the days, my friend..." ♪♫

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Sep-07, 12:35
........... :p